1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Friday, January 20, 2012

The First Letter!!!!!


I told Jordan that he had to write as soon as possible so that we could know how he was doing.  I'm not sure if that was such a good idea, because it got me crying all over again.



January 18, 2012


Dear Family,


I can't believe that I am in the MTC.  The drop off was too quick for me.  I love my companion.  His name is Elder Hudson. He is from Draper.  The classes were all in Spanish and I got to help teach 3 people today.  It was great!  I probably won't get this letter to you until Saturday, but I love you guys and hope the best.  I still reach into my pocket to call you when I start to think about home :(
Haha, Dave was late.  He walked in right behind me.  He is doing good and we had lunch together.  I do agree with Dave that I want to get out into the field.  Write me back as soon as possible because that is what I will live on and keep me going.  Love you guys.  Want to see your faces.


Love,
Elder Parkinson

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I'm excited for this adventure that he (and all of you) will have these next two years. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete