1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Welcome Home Elder

What a great day it was welcoming home Elder Parkinson.  We had many family and friends join us at the airport for Jordan's 7:34pm arrival on Wednesday, December 11, 2012.  He flew out of Bakersfield, California at 12:30pm and arrived in Phoenix, Arizona at 2:59pm.  From there he had a small layover and got to enjoy some pizza at the airport with one of the other missionary's brothers.  His final flight left Phoenix at 5:55pm and landed in Salt Lake at 7:34pm.  We were so lucky that the weather was good and there were no delays at all.  The only delay was waiting for Elder Parkinson to finally get off the plane after we saw the sign that said it had landed because it seemed like hours!  He flew with 3 other Elder's and 1 Sister Missionary and they were seated in the very back of the plane and thus the last to de-plane.  To make it worse, they all decided to use the bathroom to just test our patience even more.  No matter how long they took, I would have waited all night for that one moment of finally seeing our missionary after 2 years.  Words cannot describe the emotions and the joy.  I managed to contain my excitement just a little and didn't run after Jordan (which he later told me he expected me to do), but waited until he was out of everyone's way and then received the best hug ever!  The tears started to flow immediately and I was almost sobbing I was so happy.  I really didn't want to let him go.  What a glorious day and such an amazing journey these last two years have been.  I am so grateful for our church and the blessings that it provides.  Welcome Home Elder.































No comments:

Post a Comment