1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, May 21, 2012

American Football


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom, all is well here in Cali.  We just got done playing American Football and will you send me out a real football?  It's nice to see a football instead of a futbol, haha.  This week was good, but sad at the same time because we worked hard but one of the hermanos in the ward had a stroke.  We went and visited him in the hospital and it was so hard to see him not be able to talk.  I was just thinking to myself, what if that was my dad or brother or mom.  I was so sad for the family so we spent a lot of time with them this week.  Um, yes, I got my bball shoes but Calder hasn't gotten his birthday present yet.  You should send out 2 Dixie State shirts.  One for Elder Calder and another for Elder Thacker.  How are things back home?  The baptisms didn't got through.  I was a little upset, but oh well, we are going to knock a lot this week to find new people.  I hope you get this quick.   I love you.


Mom:  Hi sweetheart.  I am so glad you got to play American Football :)  Yay!!!  How is the man doing who had the stroke?


Elder Parkinson:  He is going through rehab now.  It is so sad.


Mom:  That is way sad.  It is always hard to see people struggling.  I'm glad you guys are there for him and his family.  That is a wonderful blessing.  So what happened with your baptisms?


Elder Parkinson:  Well, one of our investigators still needs to come to church one more time and she was in San Francisco this week.  The others we didn't get to see this week because they were out of town too. So what is new?


Mom:  So do you have anything exciting planned for P-day today?  When are your next transfers?
Things are pretty much the same here.  It has been warm, which is nice.  Austin and Cooper are busy with sports.  Austin hurt his back doing weights with bad form.  He has a hard time even putting on his own socks!  He has a basketball tournament in Denver this weekend.  I love you SO very much!!!!


Elder Parkinson:  No, nothing really exciting planned for today.  Our transfers are in 3 weeks and I think Calder will leave, which will be sad.  A back injury is always bad.  I hope he gets feeling better.  I am doing so great and I hope that all of you are happy.  We don't have that much time left so I love you and if I don't respond it is because we left.


Mom:  So happy that you are happy!  I LOVE YOU!!!


Elder Parkinson:  Love you so much.  My week was great and I do need to buy a scale somewhere so I can see how much I weigh, haha.  The only things that I can think I'd need for you to send are those Dixie shirts, a real football and idk, whatever else.


No comments:

Post a Comment