1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Working on Cars

What a week!!!  First off, Jordan broke his streak of sending us a weekly sim card with pictures.  I guess he is just getting busier which is a good thing and we can't be upset about that.  I know that I should be extremely grateful that he can even send a sim card back and forth so easily, so I will not complain.  The next hiccup to the week was Memorial Day.  Since all of the libraries in his area are closed on Monday's, Jordan was not able to email on his P-Day.  I waited around for most of the morning on Tuesday and started getting very nervous that I wasn't going to get to hear from him this week.  Luckily, his email came through around 2:00.  I think that I just kinda miss this cute boy.

Elder Parkinson:  Hey, this week was very interesting because we did a lot of service.  What happened is that one of our investigator's cars broke down so we went to take a look.  It looked like the timing belt, so me and Elder Thacker said we could fix it.  When we started to fix it, all was going well and then there was a stripped bolt so we spent forever trying to get that off.  Then we were going to put the new part on and it snapped in half, so then we took it to Auto Zone and they fixed it.  Then, it wouldn't start!  We looked at the engine and it had a lot more problems than just the timing belt so she is just going to sell it for parts.  It was a fun week.  What is new back home?  I am excited to get that football and I have one more thing....would you send me a Chili's gift card because I want to take my comp out to eat for dinner and we are going to take the other 4 elders in our district too.  I still need a scale and I also found some sweet Oakley's that I want.  The library was closed yesterday, but I am here now.  Oh, and I didn't send a sim card home last week but I just sent one today.

Mom:  Hi sweetie!!!  I was getting nervous that something had happened to you.  Sounds like you were pretty handy this week :)  I have the football, Dixie State shirts and new black pants for you.  Do you want me to send them to you or the mission home?  Nothing much is new except that we went to Denver over the weekend for basketball and the boys are way excited that there are only 3 more days of school left.  Where did you find the Oakley's at?

Elder Parkinson:  Um, I would send them to the mission office.  I found the Oakley's at Macy's.

Mom:  Okay, I will send the package to the mission home.  So do you want a Chili's gift card, or do you just want to use your debit card?  Either way is fine with me.  Maybe you will need to get those Oakley's as a late birthday present.  So what did you do for P-day yesterday?

Elder Parkinson:  Um, well, I think that the debit card would be easier and I probably will buy those Oakley's with some of my birthday money.  We went and played basketball yesterday, then had a bbq and then played Nerts.  It was just a good time.  When are you guys going to Powell?

Mom:  Do you really want to know about Powell?

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, why not?

Mom:  I just don't want you to be distracted.  We are going on July 1-6 and there are a total of five families.  It will be different without you there.

Elder Parkinson:  Oh nice!  I am so excited for you guys and don't worry, I am too busy to get distracted.  I am just working my butt off  :)  I also heard that you are getting a bigger houseboat this year.

Mom:  We had to get a five bedroom because there are five families going.  Also, I don't think dad is going to do jet skis this year.  He says they are too much trouble.  So, any baptisms in sight?

Elder Parkinson:  Um, no, we are just trying to get people to get baptized.  Good luck anchoring the houseboat without me, dave, rich or colton :)

Mom:  I know, we will definitely miss you strong boys!  Do you ever go to the mission home?

Elder Parkinson:  No, we don't have time to go and we are working way hard.  Um, so how have you been?

Mom:  I'm good.  I just miss seeing your cute face and hearing your laugh sometimes :)  Austin and Cooper are in that wonderful stage of teenage years.  I hope that I can survive both of them.  Is there anything else that you can think you need?  How is your cash?

Elder Parkinson:  Oh, um, maybe a little bit more cash and I don't have that much more time so I have to go.  I love you so much and I hope that you are doing good.  Um, can't wait for next week.

Mom:  I love you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment