1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, May 7, 2012

I Love To Knock Doors

Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom.  Sorry it is so late, we only have an hour today to email.  The confirmation went really well yesterday and the baptisms that were scheduled got moved back to this coming week.  I am doing great out here in Cali.  I haven't bought anything for Alex, but maybe you could send a little something out.  Tell Cooper thanks for the update on the 49ers.  Dang, they are going to be stacked this year.  Um, what else....the work is still great out here and the weather is starting to get hot.  I love everything out here!  I just bought some cleats because I hurt my knee a little bit today playing ultimate frisbee, but it is ok now.  That is cool that Coop got to travel with baseball.  How is Austin's confidence now?  I am so happy!  Well, how are you doing?


Mom:  Hi honey, I am doing good.  It sounds like everything is going well for you out in Cali.  What kind of cleats did you need to buy?


Elder Parkinson:  I just bought some turf cleats at Ross for $13, hahaha.  It was a good deal.


Mom:  That is a good deal :)  Thank you so much for writing that letter to Austin.  I can already see small changes in his confidence.  You are such a great example to your younger brothers.  Did you guys have any celebrations for Cinco De Mayo?


Elder Parkinson:  Haha, that day we went knocking for 4 hours and it was no fun, but oh well.  Um, how about you guys?


Mom:  Nope.  I was in Wendover with Cooper for baseball.  I just wasn't sure if the members of your ward had a celebration.  How is the work coming?  How many lessons are you teaching?  How many investigators do you have?


Elder Parkinson:  Um, the work is great.  We taught 18 lessons this week.  For this transfer we have a goal of handing out 40 Book of Mormons.  We are doing well so far.  We have about 6 investigators.  Um, what else....we have been knocking a lot for new people.  I love to knock doors.


Mom:  That sounds awesome!!!  What are your 6 investigators like?


Elder Parkinson:  They all love me and they are really progressing.  I love them also.  They are such kind people.  I love the Latino people because they really are so nice.  So about this Sunday, what time is your church?


Mom:  The Latino people are great.  They have wonderful hearts.  We have church from 11-2.  Do you know how the calling is going to work?  Where do you call from?


Elder Parkinson:  Um, ok, so I will call in the morning just to tell you what's going to go down.  My companion will call right after church because his family has church at 9 just like us and we call on our mission phone.  So that is how it will work.


Mom:  Okay.  So when you call me, should I call the phone number back so I can pay for the charges?  Dad has shown me how we can do a conference call with everyone.  Will your mission president not allow Skype?


Elder Parkinson:  No, I will just call you and you can set up the conference call from there.  We can Skype, but there isn't anyone out here with Skype that we know, so idk what to do about that.


Mom:  That sounds great.  It doesn't matter if we Skype or not, I am just excited to hear your voice and talk to you :)  Is there anything else that you are needing?  More bread?  Specific cd's?


Elder Parkinson:  Oh, um, some more bread and any cd would be cool.  Um, so just plan on a call around 7 or 7:30 and I love you, but I have to go.  Maybe you could send me a Kenney Chesney cd, haha ;)
I love you so much and can't wait to talk to you on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment