1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, August 20, 2012

All Is Well In Sunny California

This Picture Is Taken At A Place Called "The Rock" On Pday


Elder Parkinson hit his 7 month mark on Saturday.  He says that time is flying by and he just loves serving a mission.  His happiness is what gets me through and helps to me realize that I am so grateful he has this opportunity to serve such amazing people.


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom.  The baptism went great yesterday.  Elder Gomm baptized her.  She is so cool and every time that we visit her, she gives us something to bring home.  She has a very strong testimony and will be a good member of the church.  Tell Austin to not get discouraged about football, just keep working hard and everything will work out.  I love the mission and I am doing great!  I hope that Trevor is fine and it is just a small injury.  Tell Tanner (my son) to write me!  I am doing so good out here.  Transfers are in 2 weeks, so we will see what happens with that.  Those pictures that I sent you were taken at a place called "The Rock."  It is way cool!  I have no idea what we are going to do today for the rest of Pday, but we did play basketball this morning.  It was fun.  One of the member kids that is waiting to go to college came to play with us.  He is so cool and a good bball player too, haha.  I am loving it here and hopefully the emailing works a little better today.

Mom:  That is wonderful to hear about the baptism.  I am so happy that you have found someone else who gets to have this amazing gospel as a part of their life now.  What a blessing.  I have some bad news to tell you about Trevor.  He did tear his ACL and will probably be out for 6-9 months.  It is sad. I got your package with all of your letters to save.  Did you mean to send home all of your stamps?  Is there anything that you need? Bread, $, etc???  You are so amazing and such an inspiration to us all.  I am glad that you are happy and doing well.  That brings a smile to my face :)  Dixie started classes today.  I will send you a roster to see who you still know down there.  It didn't look like AJ was back.

Elder Parkinson:  Oh no!  I don't like to hear that about Trevor.  I am not too happy about that stupid O lineman!  No, I didn't mean to send the stamps home.  Will you send those back out?  Yes, I need some more bread and a little more money, but other than that I am great.  Yeah, AJ left on a mission I believe.  I think he will get back right in the middle of spring ball.

Mom:  Injuries are hard.  Just make sure you don't come home as an O lineman (wink, wink).  Did ----- email you?

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, he did and I love getting them from him because then I know he is okay.  So how is the house stuff coming?

Mom:  The house stuff is going well.  It is a very long process.  We are meeting with an architect tomorrow to start the house plans.  He said it will take 4-6 weeks just to get the plans done.  I think we will be lucky if we get the foundation poured before it gets too cold.  We will probably have to wait until the spring to get started, but that's okay.  Dad was looking at trading in the boat.  I told him that he better wait for you to get home and put in your input ;)  So, any new investigators?  Good stories?  We found a place in Salt Lake that makes pupusas and we went and tried them on Saturday.  We can't wait until you can make them for us :)

Elder Parkinson:  Well, I hope you can get the foundation laid soon.  We are still trying to find new investigators and um, besides the baptism, no new stories.  I hope that dad can get the boat sold, so we can have a new one when I get back, haha.  It is crazy how fast time flies out here on the mission.

Mom:  I know! I can't believe you are already at 7 months.  I love you soooo much and just want you to know how special you are to me and our family.  I hope you have an amazing week!

Elder Parkinson:  Thank you so much.  Voy a compatir mi testimony contigo que yo se que este iglesia es la iglesia de Dios y sin Dios no somos nada no podemos hacer nada sin el yo se que podemos viver juntos como una familia para siempre te amo.

Mom:  Thank you for that.  I love you sweetheart.


 Companions, Gomm and Parkinson,  Posing At "The Rock"

The Planking Elder

No comments:

Post a Comment