1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, August 13, 2012

I Love the Latino Food and People

I think I have to accept the fact that from now on this emailing thing is going to be a little difficult.  For some reason, the connection at whatever library Jordan's at is very slow.  I have had emails coming through randomly that he wrote several hours ago.  At least I know that he is doing well and loving everything about his mission.  I am glad that he is to the point that his correspondence is getting less and less.  This means his focus on the work is getting more and more.


Elder Parkinson:  Buenas tardes.  Hola este semana fue bien y si tenemos un bautismo este domingo.  Ella esta lista para ser bautizada in la iglesia verdadera, haha.  Well, I will write in English now so that you can understand the rest of my email.  Yes, I am doing great and I love it out here.  Today we didn't play sports but we are going to some cool places after emailing.  Everything fits me well still and my contacts are good.  My weight is about 245, haha.  I am getting fat now, but the members feed us very well and I love the latino food.  So I actually have a pretty good story for you today.  My companion and I were going to an appointment and they weren't home, so we went to try to contact a potential investigator and they weren't there either, so we decided to pray and ask where we should knock.  We asked twice and we felt the Lord telling us no to the places that we chose.  So we prayed again and even before we could say a work this guy walked out and asked us to come up to his apartment because he wanted to talk to us.  One problem was that he was english speaking and we are usually just supposed to refer them to the english elders, but we decided to go.  He took us up to his apartment and there were two other roommates and they brought us up there to solve their fight about not having to do  good works to be saved because we are saved by grace alone.  They also said that Jesus only died for the people that believe in him and no one else.  It was pretty funny, haha, but then we got done and I was pretty mad because they wouldn't change their minds at all.  The nice thing about this gospel is that it makes so much sense.  I love you and I hope that you are all doing well.

Mom:  Haha, well I guess your spanish is going well :)  I am excited that you have another person who wants to be baptized and enjoy the blessings of this wonderful gospel.  Also, thank you for sharing that story with me.  Maybe you just needed to be there to lay the foundation for those people and somewhere down the road they will change their minds.  So I think you are going to have to start running or something so that you don't come home at 300 lbs :)

Elder Parkinson:  Hey, this connection is being really slow again.  I love you so much and hope that you have a great week.  I hope that eventually you will get these emails, haha.  Also, tell Rylee to write to me.  I really want to hear from him.  Also, tell Abbey Wilson that I am impressed that she understood my letter that I wrote in mostly spanish, especially with my bad handwriting.  Tell her I can't wait to get one back from here also written in Spanish, haha.

Mom:  I will make sure to pass along your messages.  So did you say that the lady who is getting baptized this Sunday is Lisa?  Are you going to be the one to baptize her?  I am so glad to hear that all is going well for you and you are happy.  Keep working hard and know that we love you SOOOO much!!!

Elder Parkinson:  Um, her name is Mart and she is legit.  I don't know who is baptizing, but I think I am.  I am going to leave now.  I love you so much too!!!


These are pupusas.  Elder Parkinson knows how to make these and I got to try to them while we were in California.  They are SO yummy!  I think this is just some of the latino goodness that is making my Jordan fat :)

1 comment:

  1. I think there may be a system-wide thing with the Church's e-mail system. I think there may be some built in feature that delay's e-mails so we can "chat" on-line with our missionaries. We have had the same problem with Mitch during most of his mission. However, sometimes it works fine. Glad to hear that Elder Parkinson is doing well! Pass along our love and best wishes to him!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete