1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, January 21, 2013

Just Recovering

We have now officially moved into the second year of the mission and Elder Parkinson is still doing great.  He and his companion are working really hard in the Palmdale area and trying to turn things around.  He has the right attitude and I know what his work ethic is like, so I'm sure it will all be great!!!


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom, we are doing good.  This week was a little better, still slow, but better.  I did the get the pizza and cupcakes delivered on Friday for my year mark and everyone in the house loved it.  Thank you so much for supporting me like you do.  I love you so much.  I am sorry to hear about the leak in your roof, but at least you have somewhere to sleep.  There are a lot of people out here that don't have anywhere to sleep.  Um, the LA temple is a lot different scenery than Temple Square in December that is for sure, but it is still way nice.  Norman leaves today, so that is going to be sad, but it's okay.  I am happy for him.  I am also very happy for Cooper that he grabbed the rim.  You should send me that picture through email.  I am doing great and I hope that Dave hears back soon because it is so fun to be in the field.  I am stoked that the 49ers are going to the Super Bowl.  I LOVE the niners!!!  It is hard not to be able to watch their games, but it is okay I guess, I can wait, haha.  We found a couple of people and we are just trying to recover from everything that has gone on in this area.  I have not been chosen to give a talk yet, but I am ready at any time.  I just want you to know that everything is good and I don't need anything right now.  

Mom:  I am so happy to hear that this week was a little better.  What does it mean when you say that you are trying to recover from everything that has gone on in that area?

Elder Parkinson:  Um, just that all of the investigators have stopped progressing.  It is just hard and they have had some bad missionaries in this ward for a while until we came.

Mom:  Well I am glad that you are there to turn things around :)  I also know that it is very important to always stay positive and remember all of the blessings that we have, just like having a place to sleep.  Austin wanted to know if the cake pops were as good as the ones we had in Arizona?  I am sending the picture of Cooper over right now.  

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, the cake pops were just as good.  I am so excited to see this picture of Cooper. I am doing great and love the people here.  I was talking to Elder Thacker and he only has 4 months left.  That is scary.

Cooper grabbing the rim


Mom:  That is crazy that Elder Thacker only has four months.  Time sure does go by fast on a mission, so don't waste it :)  I am also very excited for Norman.  Do you get to see him before he leaves?  Let me know if that picture comes through.

Elder Parkinson:  I did get the photo and that is SO crazy!!!  I love Elder Thacker.  I told him that our house is his house.  Norman is going to play bball for a little with us today, so I will get to tell him goodbye.  I'm not sure what all of our plans are for today, but I have to get going.  I love you so much and hope that you have a great week.  Tell Ali and Sam Tooley congratulations on the mission calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment