1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, January 7, 2013

Staying Put

Today was transfer day for the San Fernando mission and Elder Parkinson is staying in Palmdale with his good friend, Elder Flake, as his companion.  He loves this area and was very happy to continue with the work there.  As usual, he sounds very happy and is loving this time in his life.

Staying in the desert a little longer


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom.  Everything is great here.  Elder Flake and I are staying together.  It is going to be way fun I hope, haha.  My day is going good.  On New Year's Eve we stayed in and had a bbq and then on New Year's Day we found 3 new people to teach.  I will still be at the same address so you can send the bread out.  That is funny about Cooper still wearing shorts and a t-shirt when it is that cold.  He is just like me.  I am happy to hear that the lot is getting cleared and the house is coming along.  It is going to be great for us.  Well, I am still praying about where I should go to college when I get back.  I am praying not just about where to play, but what will give me the best future.  I am praying really hard.  Tell Coach J thank you for all that he does for me and that if he would talk to the people he knows and see what they say that would be great.  I am so happy to hear about Jensen.  The mission will change his life, I know it.  Well, I can't wait to talk to you.

Mom:  I am so excited that you get to stay with Elder Flake!  Is anyone in your house changing?  Has it been cold there?  I know that you will figure out what is best for your future if you just keep praying and follow the spirit.

Elder Parkinson:  Elder Bates is leaving and other than that we are staying the same.  It is starting to warm up a little bit here and I am just loving it out here.  So what is new in football?

Mom:  I am going to have to have Cooper give you an update on football when he writes this week because I'm not really sure what is new.  I do know that the Seahawks beats the Redskins last night and San Fran is still in the playoffs.  I guess I have been slacking a little when it comes to football :)  Did Norman find out if he's going back out yet?  David is supposed to be sending in his letter to the mission department this Thursday and then he should hear back in about a week.  He said that talking to you on Christmas was really good for him.

Elder Parkinson:  Okay, that sounds great to me.  Norman will find out today if he goes back out.  I am so excited for David.  He will be a great missionary when he goes back out.  I love it out here in Cali, but I will want to return home in a year.

Mom:  I can't believe that it has already been a year and I am so excited that we are on the downhill now, but I do know that there is still work for you to do in Cali.  Are you needing anything besides bread?  How are your contacts and vitamins?  Do you need any extra shirts?  What time do you have church on Sunday's now?  What are your plans for today?

Elder Parkinson:  I am doing great.  Church is at 9.  It is hard to get people to church, but we are trying very hard.  Some more blitz would be nice.  One for me, one for Bates who is leaving and one for Elder Calder.  Also one more protein.  Send 2 of the blitz's to our house and the other and a protein to the mission office to Elder Bates.

Mom:  So you don't need a protein?  Are you playing ball again today?  Our church time has changed to 1:00 and I'm not sure I love that time, but it will be okay.  When did you say your next baptism was?

Elder Parkinson:  No, we still have some protein at the house.  Yes, we are playing ball all day.  I love playing ball.  I think 11 is the best church time.  Our next baptism will be on January 27th.  Well, I love you so much and hope that you have a great week, but I have to go.  Tell everyone hi for me and tell Hannah to write me.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment