1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year

Elder Parkinson is doing awesome!!!  We got to skype with him on Christmas Day which was the best surprise ever!!!  He told us that he had known he was allowed to skype ever since he got a new Mission President in July, but wanted to keep it a secret from us.  It was so great to be able to see his face and watch him smile and laugh.  He looks better than ever and happier than ever.  We are so proud of this amazing young man.


Elder Parkinson:  Hey, I am doing great.  I was up at 5:30am again playing ball.  I am getting good.  I love the people here.  They are so nice and friendly.  I am doing great.  Um, the day after Christmas was hard just because nobody was home.  We went by 30 people and none of them were there, so it was tough, but the next day we set a date for the end of January.  It is way cool.  I loved the opportunity to Skype.  I hope that everyone back home is doing great.  I did get the water bottle and the pants.  They fit great.  I love you guys so much.  I was blessed to have parents like you who raised me into who I am.

Mom:  I can't believe you are up playing basketball at 5:30!  That is awesome!!!  Are you going to play some more today?  How has the weather been?  Do you do anything special for New Year's Day?

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, we are going to play ball most of the day and we work all day on New Year's Day.  Today we can't go out because there will be a lot of drunk people, so yeah.

Mom:  Yeah, stay away from the drunk people ;)  Is next week transfers?  Have you heard anything about what is going to happen?

Elder Parkinson:  Yes, transfer meeting is next week.  I think that me and Flake are staying together for one more transfer.

Mom:  I hope you get to stay with Flake for at least one more transfer.  That would make all of us happy.  Who do you play basketball with?

Elder Parkinson:  We play with other missionaries, members and some of the member's nonmember friends.

Mom:  Are you one of the better players there?  Tell me about the person that you have a commitment date for in January.

Elder Parkinson:  Um, yes, I am one of the best ones.  Her name is Abigail and we have been teaching her for a month.  She is always very busy and has her 2 grandkids that live with her and give her trouble.  She said that ever since we have been coming over, she has felt a change in her life.  She was definitely prepared for us, we are just bringing the message.  It is amazing how God works.

Mom:  That brings tears of joy to my eyes.  It is so amazing what you can do as an instrument in the Lord's hands.  Is everything else going well?  Are you needing anything?

Elder Parkinson:  Everything is okay here.  I do need more bread though.  Also, the address for Norman is --------.  I love you guys so much.  It did snow 2 days ago here.

Mom:  Okay, I will send out some bread and thank you for that address.  I bet you loved seeing snow!!!  Was it a lot, or just some flurries?  How did that sweater fit?  I love you too!!!  You are amazing!!!

Elder Parkinson:  Just some flurries, but yes the sweater fit well.  I have to go now so someone else can email, but I love you so much.  Will you ask Hannah if she has written me back yet?  I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment