1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, December 10, 2012

Loving Being Together

Elder Parkinson is working hard and loving his mission.  He is SO happy to be companions with Elder Flake and they are taking Palmdale by storm.  Today was short and sweet, but I am so happy for him.


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom.  The week was great.  We set a date with a boy named Junior for December 30.  He is 16 and he is so cool.  Other than that, we are just working hard and loving being together.  It is so weird because we know the same people.  It is funny to hear different views of people.  Um, yes we go the Christmas ties and also the 25 days of Christmas is great.  What was the package from Hannah?  What was in it?  Um, no it hasn't snowed yet.  It is a little cold, but now too bad.  I love it here during Christmas.  I am glad that all is going great.  I am doing so well and I don't know about the Christmas phone call yet.  Do you remember the date that I went through the temple?

Mom:  I am so glad to hear that things are going well and you are loving it there.  Hannah told me that her and her grandma made some candy and treats for you.  Hopefully you will get it soon.  Who are some of the same people that you and Elder Flake know?

Elder Parkinson:  Um, he knows David, Colton and Richard and then I know all the Davis guys that he knows.  So, what was the day that I went through the temple?

Mom:  You went through the temple on November 26, 2011.  I am supposed to tell you that David remembers wrestling Elder Flake in 9th grade.  How is your spanish going?  Are you speaking pretty fluently?  Any fun plans for today?  Did you guys get a real Christmas tree.

Elder Parkinson:  That is good that David remembers Elder Flake.  My spanish is doing well.  For today we are just going to play bball most of the day and yes we did get a real Christmas tree.  I am doing so well, but I have got to go.  Thanks for all that you do and tell everyone back home hello and thanks.

Mom:  Have a great week.  Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment