1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, December 3, 2012

MTC Friends Reunited


I was so excited to email with Jordan today and find out who his new companion was.  He had been having a rough couple of months with a companion who was ready to go home.  The news of the new companion was such a comfort and blessing to me.  Elder Parkinson is very happy and that in turn makes me a happy mom.


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom.  You are not going to believe who my comp is.  It is Elder Flake from Kaysville that was in the MTC with me and came out to San Fernando at the same time as me.  We get along really well and we have been working really hard and it has been great!  Yes, all the stuff for the 25 days of Christmas got here except there isn't a day 24 or 25.  We love it!  We are just about to buy a real Christmas tree also because we have a house, so we are going to do that haha.  The work is so good.  We are going to extend 3 baptismal dates this week to hopefully take place in 4 weeks, so that will be great.  I am so happy to hear that Austin and Cooper are doing well.  I love you.

Not the best picture, but this is Elder Parkinson and Elder Flake enjoying St. Patrick's Day together in the MTC.


Mom:  That is sooo exciting!!! You love Elder Flake!!!  Has the work picked up then?  Where did Elder Flake transfer from?  Is there anything you are needing?  Any thoughts on what you want for Christmas?

Elder Parkinson:  Um, yes, the work has picked up a ton!  I am so happy!  Elder Flake came from the valley.  This is his first time in the desert so I am helping him out.  No, there aren't many things that I need, but for Christmas, I am not sure yet.  I need some new g's and some ties for sure and idk what else but make it fun.  I love the mission president!  He told me that Elder Flake and I are two of the best missionaries in the mission.

Mom:  That is awesome!!!! You are awesome!!!!  Now you guys get to show them how Davis county boys work :)   I am so happy for you and for the people of Palmdale that you are going to teach.  Are you still on bikes?  Has is gotten cold yet?  Any preferences for tie colors?

Elder Parkinson:  Yes, I am happy that Davis county gets to be together.  Yes, we are still on bikes and having a good time.  It is a little cold out here, but not too bad.  For the ties, just a lot of variety would be good.  Send some out for Flake too.  I am going to play ball so I will talk to you next week.  I love you.

Mom:  I love you too cutie!  Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Mine, too is serving with his roommate from the MTC, they are just like brothers. He sounds like he's doing awesome.

    ReplyDelete