1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, January 14, 2013

Tough Week

We all have bad days and weeks and I guess missionaries aren't immune from them either.  Elder Parkinson said that this was the toughest week of his mission so far.  The thing that I like, however, is his positive attitude about it.  He says that even though it was tough, he will just push forward and keep working hard.  This is a lesson we can all apply to our lives. 


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom.  Yes, Norman did give me a hug from you, haha.  I will write that letter that you asked me to tonight and I will also write my thing for the newsletter.  That is so crazy that they cancelled school for snow.  That never happens.  Just think if you would have had a truck how much better it would have been, haha.  Yes, I did get that "snow in a can" and made it.  It worked very well.  I am sending home a sim card today, so you will be able to see all of that.  I am so happy that the 49ers won.  I am doing great out here.  That is so crazy that Ali is going on a mission.  I think it's awesome for all these young women who are going now.  So how is David doing?  I hope that he is doing good. The baptism for the 27th fell through, but we are working hard trying to find others.  We are trying our hardest to keep our heads up.  This last week was the hardest on my mission, but it is okay.  I know that the Lord is preparing someone for us.

Mom:  Why was this the hardest week of your mission?  Is everything okay?  The Stake President sends David's stuff in today.  Keep praying for him that whatever is best in the Lord's eyes will happen.

Elder Parkinson:  Oh, just a lot of our appointments weren't home and the work was just really slow, but it's okay, we are working through it.

Mom:  I think when things get tough, the Lord is testing your faith and where you will turn for strength.  I know you will be okay and it is happening for a reason.  Just know that there is somebody waiting for you and this amazing message.  Are you playing ball again today?  Did you get the bread and the Blitz?

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, my faith has grown so much since serving a mission.  I did get the bread and the Blitz.  It is so nice.  Thank you for doing so much for me.

Mom:  You are so welcome.  I am here to help in any way that I can.  Please know how much we love you and are praying for you and use that strength too.  Hannah said that she did write to you.  Did you get her letter?  Are you playing basketball today?

Elder Parkinson:  Yes, I did her letter.  We are playing ball today.  Actually, I am about to leave so I can go ball some people up.  Please send me the pic of the snow.  I love you so much and I hope that you have a great week.

Mom:  I love you too!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment