1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, September 16, 2013

Goodbye Lake Los Angeles

This week is transfer week in the Bakersfield mission and Elder Parkinson is finally leaving Lake Los Angeles.  He has been serving in this area since February and has loved every minute of it, but is excited for a change and some new scenery.  He hasn't found out where he will be going yet, but this will most likely be where he finishes out his mission before his return in December.


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom.  I am doing great.  I will be leaving Lake LA and going somewhere else, but I won't know where until tomorrow.  I will stay district leader in my new area and I will finish training another missionary.  That is so good to hear that there hasn't been any football injuries yet.  I am happy that Austin and Cooper are doing good and that is so cool that Austin got to play in his first varsity game last Friday.  I remember when I played varsity for the first time and it was so exciting even though I only played for just a little bit.  Austin is a little better than I was though, so that is why he got in early in the season.  I can't wait to hear from you.  I love you.

Mom:  I am so excited for you to have a new adventure in another area.  Will you be moving tomorrow?  Is your companion staying?

Elder Parkinson:  Yes, I will be moving tomorrow and yes, my comp will be staying.  I will be going to  a bike area too, so hopefully I will get back into shape, haha.

Mom:  That's good that you'll be able to use your bike again before you come home.  You crack me up saying that Austin is better than you at football since you are now a college football player.  Were you excited that the US beat Mexico in that soccer game last week?

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, well I am not a college football player right now, haha.  I was so happy that the USA showed Mexico how to play soccer.  USA, USA, USA, USA!!!!

Mom:  You are so funny!  Were there a lot of people in your area cheering for Mexico?  Are you still going to Lancaster today to play ball?

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, everyone was cheering for Mexico, but we showed them, haha.  Yes, we are going to play ball today in Lancaster.

Mom:  I hope you have a great time playing ball.  Are you doing okay?  Are you needing anything?

Elder Parkinson:  I am doing great!  The only thing that I need is some bread, but wait until you know my new address before you send it.

Mom:  You are so awesome!  Will you send me a letter with your new address or should I just wait until next Pday?

Elder Parkinson:  I will send you a letter so that you can let everyone else know.

Mom:  Okay, that sounds great!  I hope you have a fabulous last day in Lake LA.  I think the people there are really going to miss you.

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, I think so too.  I know that I will miss them.  I hope that you have a great day and know how much I love you.


These scriptures are on their way to a new area in the Bakersfield Mission.  Goodbye Lake LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment