1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, September 2, 2013

Tentative Release Date

Since today was Labor Day, I wasn't sure whether we would get an email from Elder Parkinson or not. It was such a great surprise when his email came through.  He is doing great, as usual, and continuing to work hard and find those people who are ready to hear the wonderful message he has to share.


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom, how are you?  I love you.  So what are your plans for this holiday?  I am doing good.  We found two new investigators so that is exciting.  I am just tired.  New missionaries take it out of you, haha.  I am so happy that Austin and Cooper got to play together and enjoy some football.  Did you get my letter?  I wanted to tell you Happy Birthday and I hope that you are enjoying it.  So how is dad doing?  I am so happy to email with you.


This isn't the best picture, but it shows Austin #5 and Cooper #31 warming up together before their game on Thursday.  I have never had two boys be able to play on the same team together, so this was such a treat.  What makes it even better is that Austin is the quarterback and Cooper is a receiver, so they get to make plays together.



Mom:  That is so great that you found two new investigators!!!  How did you find them?  Are transfers coming up soon?  We don't really have any big plans for the holiday because the boys have football practice this afternoon.  Dad is doing well and staying busy.  He is on call this weekend and had 3 emergency cases that he had to do this morning, which is really unusual.  We haven't gotten a letter yet, but I will definitely be looking for it.  You are giving me the best birthday present anyway by being able to email with you today :)

Elder Parkinson:  Our investigators came from a referral from one of our members.  The family is so cool and we are hoping to teach them this week sometime.  Oh yeah, good old football practice, haha.  That is good to hear that dad is staying busy.  I sent the letter on Thursday, so you will probably get it tomorrow because I forgot that today was a holiday.  Are you going to get something good to eat for your birthday?

Mom:  So is it a whole family that you are going to try and teach?  That is the best!  How was zone conference last week?  I'm not sure where we are going to eat for my birthday, but I'm sure it will be somewhere good.  All I really want is a fountain Coke with pebble ice, haha!

Elder Parkinson:  Yes, it is the whole family that we taught yesterday and will continue teaching.  Zone conference was good, just very long.  I am sure that you will eat somewhere great and I knew that a Coke is all you wanted, haha.  So today we are going to play bball and shop.  I don't really know what else, but transfers are in two weeks.

Mom:  Hopefully you will be able to make this family an eternal one.  What are you shopping for today?  How long are you playing basketball?

Elder Parkinson:  I hope that we will be able to make them an eternal family.  That would be awesome. We are just shopping for a little bit of food, so not too much.  I think we are going to play ball for about 4 hours.

Mom:  4 hours is a lot of basketball!  I'm glad that you get to do something that you enjoy though.  What if you had to play soccer every Pday, haha!  How is your exercise routine going?  Are you going to come home in football shape?  Do you know your release date yet?

Elder Parkinson:  I don't know if I am going to be in football shape, but I hope so.  That would be horrible if I had to play soccer every Pday, haha!  I think my release date in the 19th of December, but I am not completely sure.  All is well here and we are doing great.

Mom:  I am SO happy that you are doing well!  You bring a smile to my face every time I think about you.  I am not too worried about what happens when you get home because I know that everything will work out the way it is supposed to.  Do you have any ideas what will happen with transfers?  Do you want to stay in Lake LA?

Elder Parkinson:  I have no idea what is going to happen, but I think I would like to experience another area.

Mom:  That's understandable since you have been there since March.  I hope you know how much we love you and are praying for you every single day.

Elder Parkinson:  Thank you.  I'm sorry that I don't have much time to email today, but I love you so much and I hope you have a great birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment