1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, August 26, 2013

Missing Football This Time of Year

Today's email session was short and sweet.  I can tell that Elder Parkinson is really focused on the work, which is exactly how we want it to be.  Our emails have gotten shorter and we haven't received a hand written letter or sim card with pictures for about 2 months now.  He is really trying to finish off these last few months of his mission strong and we couldn't be happier.


Elder Parkinson: Hey mom.  All is well here.  We haven't had much luck with our new investigators because they weren't home for the appointments that we set, but oh well, I guess we will try to see them this week.  I did get the ties and the snacks that you sent out.  Thank you so much!  I can't believe the boys are starting school today.  It is always sad to start school, but football does help to make it more enjoyable.  I am not very happy to hear that Bountiful's defense didn't do too well on Friday because that is what Bountiful is known for.  How many points did they give up?  I hope Austin and Cooper have a good game this week and they get a Parky to Parky touchdown pass, haha.  I miss football so much.  I love that sport and that is one of the hardest things about being on a mission during this time of year.  I am glad that you got out on the boat again and that Cooper likes wakeboarding as much as I do.  My district is good, just working hard and trying to find people to teach.  Yes, Thacker and I still email every week and he is doing great.  I love you so much and I can't wait to hear back from you.

Mom:  I'm sad to hear that your investigators weren't home for their appointments.  I'm sure you are probably used to that though.  Do you have any other people you are teaching?  Bountiful gave up 34 points, I think.

Elder Parkinson:  I am not happy about them giving up 34 points!  Who is playing D-end?  No, we don't really have any other investigators.  We went by a less active member's home the other day and he told us that he works on Sunday's because in the Bible it says that God is first, 2nd is your wife, 3rd is your kids, 4th is work and 5th is church.  He is kinda crazy.

Mom:  I'm not really sure who their defensive ends are, but I'm sure Coach J will whip them into shape.  That is crazy about how some people process the gospel.  They must not have felt or recognized how much its presence blesses their lives.  I cannot imagine living without the knowledge that the gospel brings to us.  All you can do is keep trying though and planting those seeds.  I'm sure people are uplifted just by talking to you and seeing your cute smile :)

Elder Parkinson:  Haha, I don't know if I was smiling when I heard that.  I was more like "are you serious?"  Yeah, Coach J will help them out I'm sure because he's great.  So did Austin and Cooper have to go watch film on Saturday or no?

Mom:  You are always smiling :)  Austin gets to dress with varsity and he is the one who carries the clipboard around and has to keep all of the offensive stats for the game.  Neither he nor Cooper had to watch film on Saturday though because they told the sophomores that if they didn't play they didn't have to go.  That may change from week to week though.  I'm excited to see what happens this week against Viewmont.

Elder Parkinson:  I hope that Austin and Cooper get to play together.  I hated keeping stats and that is why I never did it, haha.  I am headed to Lancaster to play some ball, so will you please tell Austin and Cooper that I love them and that they are good brothers and that they are good kids.  I love you so much and I want you to know I am doing great and loving the mission.  I am very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment