1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, August 19, 2013

In Need of Snacks

I just love Monday's and being able to email back and forth with my missionary son.  He is always so happy and positive and it makes my day so much better.  He is doing great and giving his all before he returns to us in December.  I am so thankful for Jordan and his amazing example to us all.

Grandpa House (in blue) celebrating his 90th birthday with family


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom, all is great out here in Cali.  It is starting to cool down a little bit and we found 2 new investigators.  We will see how it goes with them, but they are great people.  Thank you for letting Lexi know that I am thinking about her.  That is great that you were able to make a trip to Idaho this past weekend and see Grandpa House for his 90th birthday.  I am that glad him and grandma are doing well.  That is scary that they got evacuated from their house, but I'm glad everyone is safe now.  That is so funny that Austin and Cooper found a scooter in Gramps' barn.  I bet they are in heaven on that!  Now you won't have to give them a ride to their friends' houses because you can just tell them to take the scooter.  It is so cool that Austin and Cooper are doing good in football.  I heard that llama got moved up, but I knew he would.  I hope that Coop can work on his speed because that is what the Parkinson's are known for is height and speed, haha.  I am glad that Cooper likes wake boarding as much as I do.  I will take him all the time when I get home.  So I have a story for you this week.  There is a 19 year old kid who wanted to find a job so he walked all the way to Lancaster which is like 25 miles away and he didn't tell anybody.  My companion and I were asked to go look for him and we couldn't find him.  He finally showed up at the house after 12 hours of being gone.  He begged the bus driver to let him on the bus because he didn't have any money and the driver did.  Nobody could believe what happened!

Mom:  I am glad to hear that you are doing well.  That makes my heart happy!  I am so excited that you found two new investigators!!!  No matter what happens, you will have planted a seed with them.  How old are they?  Are they Hispanic?  What a crazy story about that 19 year old boy!!  Did he find a job at least?  Do you know him very well?

Elder Parkinson:  Yes, they are Latinos and they are a little older.  The boy walked all the way there just to apply, something he could have done online!  He is a part of a family that I am very close with.  I love that family.  That is another thing, I am going to ask you - the hermano doesn't have any ties so I was wondering if you could send me like 5 to give to him.

Mom:  Of course I will send some ties out for him.  You are so amazing for always thinking of others.  I really hope that boy gets a job after that whole ordeal :)  So how are the insanity workouts coming along?  Are you seeing any results?

Elder Parkinson:  Thank you so much.  Yes, I have lost 15 pounds and I'm in shape again.  it really does work.  How is the house coming along?

Mom:  Holy cow, fifteen pounds!!!  That is crazy!!!  Does it build muscle too?  The house is coming along well.  They are pouring the basement floor this week.  I am excited that you will be home to see a lot of the progress.  How is your ward?  How is your companion doing?

Elder Parkinson:  Haha, yeah it does build a little bit of muscle too.  That is great to hear that the house is coming along so well.  They ward is doing good and just being their normal selves.  My companion is good.  I can't really tell if he likes me or hates me.

Mom:  There is a big difference between liking and hating someone!  I'm sure he likes you because who doesn't, haha.  Do you tease him a lot or something?  Are you going to Lancaster to play ball today?

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah I tease him a lot, but that is just how I am.  You know that.  We are going to play ball at 10:30.

Mom:  Maybe it is a love/hate relationship that he has with you ;)  Do you have any other plans after basketball?  How long do you usually play?

Elder Parkinson:  Haha, that is probably exactly how he feels about me.  We don't really have any other plans except for playing ball, but we usually play from 11-5.  It is so fun!

Mom:  Wow!  6 hours of basketball is a lot!  You should be able to school your brothers when you get home, haha!  Have you heard anything about your release date yet?  Do you ever ride your bike anymore?  Are you needing anything?

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, that is a lot of ball.  We will see if I can keep up with them or not when I come home.  I have not heard anything yet about my release date, but I am thinking next month I will know for sure.  No, I do not ride my bike anymore, haha.  Could you send me out a lot of snacks?

Mom:  Snacks I can do!  Do you have any requests?  How are your contacts?

Elder Parkinson:  Oh yeah, I will need some new contacts too.  Just any type of snacks would be fine and thank you so much for doing that for me.  Also, will you tell Austin and Cooper thank you for sending me letters every week.  It is very nice and I can't wait to see them again.

Mom:  Your brothers think that you are the greatest and I will for sure tell them that you said thank you.  I am so lucky to have 3 amazing sons!  Always remember how much we love you and are here for you no matter what.

Elder Parkinson:  Thank you so much.  I am going to get going, but know that I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment