1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, August 12, 2013

Oh Elder Thacker!

Our family had an awesome treat on Sunday when one of Jordan's favorite missionaries came to visit us.  Elder Thacker served in the same mission with JP and they hit it off from the get go.  They are both anxiously awaiting the day when they can hang out together again.  We are so grateful for missions and  the doors it opens and the new people it allows us to welcome into our lives.

Elder Thacker (far right), Dad Parkinson and Thacker's younger brother.  They stood in front of this truck to make Jordan jealous because this would be his dream truck.


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom, I am doing great.  I am so happy that Doctor P (Justin) got to know Thacker.  What did you make him to eat?  He is not picky at all.  His brother's truck is very nice.  That would be a dream truck, haha.  I can't wait to see Thacker again!  That is such sad news about Lexi.  Will you try to get me her email address so I can email her?  I cannot believe that such a tragic accident happened and I will for sure be praying for everyone involved.  That is so cool that the boys are starting 2-a-days this week.  I miss those days so much and they are so lucky to be doing that.  The work is a little slow right now but we are working on picking it up and working more with the members.  There weren't too many new changes with transfers.  I love you so much and can't wait to talk to you.

Mom:  Yes, Thacker is a great guy!  I made him meatballs, homemade mashed potatoes and homemade rolls, watermelon and a zucchini thing.  He told us that you always talked about eating at the club, so I will have to take him there next time.  I'm sorry to hear that the work is a little slow, but I'm sure there is still plenty to keep you busy.  Did you get the new debit card and shirt?

Elder Parkinson:  Haha, sounds like a good meal to me.  I love the club!  I did get the new debit card and shirt.  Thank you so much.  Yeah, we sure do stay pretty busy.

Mom:  How did your family home evening go?  How is being a district leader going?  Just remember to keep working hard and trusting in the Lord no matter what.

Elder Parkinson:  Well, nobody came to the family home evening once again.  It is hard to get people to come to those kind of things.

Mom:  What a bummer that nobody came!  Keep pushing through and stay positive.  How is your district doing?  How are the new Elder's that came to your area?

Elder Parkinson:  It is going good.  The new elders are way cool and laid back just like me, haha.  All is well here.  What are the plans for the day?

Mom:  I'm glad that you have some good elders to work with.  For today I am doing laundry, like usual, running the boys back and forth between 2-a-days, checking on the workers at the lot and bringing them treats and then just some other errands.  What do you have in store for today?  How are the insanity workouts going?

Elder Parkinson:  Well, for today we are going down to play ball and that is about it.  That is nice of you to take treats to the workers.  The insanity is going good, but it is hard.  I have been doing good with it though.  How is the house coming?

Mom:  Thacker says that he doubts you will stick with the insanity, so you have to prove him wrong!  Are you still able to dunk?  The house is making progress.  There is so much dirt to haul away, so that has taken a lot of time.  They are putting in the rough plumbing this week.  I'm just happy that it keeps making forward progress :)

Elder Parkinson:  Oh, I will prove him wrong!  That is good to hear that the house is coming along so well.  Yes, I am still able to dunk.

Mom:  Good boy!!!  I love you SO much and I am so happy for everything you are doing.  Have you talked to David or Richard lately?

Elder Parkinson:  I have talked to Dave, but not Richard.  I guess he is too good for me now, haha. Well, I have to get going soon, but just know that I love you and hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment