1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, June 18, 2012

Fry Daddy's

Today was a funny email session because for some reason I thought that today was Jordan's 6 month mark.  In the email that I sent him, I was so excited that he was 1/4 way done with his mission.  Apparently I was jumping the gun just a little.  I guess a mom can dream :)





Elder Parkinson:  Haha, I hate to break it to you, but this is my 5 month mark, haha.  Um, that is great that Cooper was doing good in basketball.  I am happy for him.  Yes, I got all of the stuff that you sent, thanks.  So who is going to clean the boat now that I am gone, haha.  I am so happy to be able to email and I hope that all is great back home.  My new companion is a little weird.  We don't get along as well as me and Calder but we are working hard and I love the work.  The investigators are dong great!  Um, what else, I might buy a fry daddy.

Mom:  Oh my gosh, it is only 5 months!!!!  Haha, oh well.  I guess I can always hope :)  So what is a fry daddy?

Elder Parkinson:  You know- one of those things that you fry things in like french fries and scones and that kind of stuff.

Mom:  Oh yes, one of those.  Why do you want one?  So Cooper said that he is going to take over the responsibilities of the boat.  He said that he'll make sure it looks good.  So tell me about your new companion.

Elder Parkinson:  Um, because I want scones and good stuff like that.  My new companion's name is Elder Gomm.  He is from Ft. Worth, Texas.  He likes computer programming and he doesn't talk too much and that is why we don't get along as well as Calder and I did.  What else, he likes to eat food and idk much else.  He is a good guy though.  So tell Cooper that the boat will never look as good as when I did it.

Mom:  Cooper says he'll try to make it look even better :)  So tell me about your week.  Did you play any sports today?  Is there anything you need?

Elder Parkinson:  The week was good.  We knocked a lot and got nothing out of it, but oh well, we will find that person that is ready.  Tell Cooper that he will never be able to make the boat look as good as me, haha.  We might have some good dates coming up,  so that is good.  We played soccer this morning.  I LOVE the football that you sent out.  Um, what more, oh one of the kids in the ward got baptized and he is such a stud.  I love him.

Mom:  I will let Cooper know :)  That is so exciting about the boy in your ward.  I'm glad that things are going well and that you are so happy.  Keep working hard and know that we are thinking of you every single day.  I love you SO very much.

Elder Parkinson:  Well, I am leaving.  I love you and have a great week.  I will talk to you next week.  If you see a bigger purchase on my debit card it is because I bought a fry daddy.  I love you so much.



Another random email came through about 10 minutes after Jordan had said goodbye.  It was mostly in spanish, so I'm not really sure what it says and I'm sure the spelling is not correct either.

But um so yeah estamos ensando mucho y también tocando el la puertas


No comments:

Post a Comment