1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, June 4, 2012

Peas In A Pod

He sounds amazing and is so happy.  I have decided that missions are wonderful, even if I do miss that cute boy like crazy!


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom, I am great.  I will probably get the package that you sent on Tuesday because the leaders of our zone are the ones that go to the office to pick up packages, so that is that.  Um, with transfers, I think I am going to stay but my comp is going to leave.  That means those popcorn balls better hurry ;)  I am so happy to serve the Lord and love every second.  Our investigators are great and we found 8 new investigators this week.  It was great and I love them so much.  We will have a baptism this Sunday because she finally had the opportunity to come to church.  Um, what else....just working hard.  Elder Thacker and I are like peas in a pod.

Mom:  Yay!!! I am glad to hear that things are going so well for you.  It makes me happy that you have found a good friend to share things with.  Are transfers next week?

Elder Parkinson:  Yes, next Monday haha.  I hope that I stay here with Elder Thacker.

Mom:  So any new and interesting stories for us?   How long has Elder Thacker been in Van Nuys?  What have you done already today and what are your plans for the rest of the day?  Will you get to perform the baptism on Sunday?

Elder Parkinson:  He has only been here for one transfer and um, no cool stories this week.  I don't think I will do the baptism, my comp will.  Today we are going to have a BBQ again and it is going to be so good, haha.  This morning we didn't play sports and I am doing great.  I can't believe that I am about done being trained.  So what is new back home.

Mom:  That is exciting that you are almost done being trained.  The main thing happening at home is that school is out.  The boys are way excited and have lots planned for the summer.  So can you think of anything else that you may need?  How was Chili's?

Elder Parkinson:  Oh, Chili's was so good.  The sunglasses that I got were on sale for a way good deal.  I'll send a picture of them.  Could you send some more bread and also send some for Thacker too?  I am so happy that school is out for the boys.  Those are good times.  We are getting ready to leave, so I will talk to you next week.  I love you so much and I am doing great.  Love you.

Mom:  I love you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment