1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, June 25, 2012

Pizza Delivery

On Saturday, I decided to have a pizza delivered to Elder Parkinson's apartment.  I talked to the man on the phone at Dominos, right by Jordan's apartment, and told him that it was a surprise and I would be paying for all of it.  It was scheduled to be delivered at 10pm (to make sure he would be home) and luckily the man took my phone number.  He was a cute man who had a little trouble with english and also a little trouble delivering the pizza.  He called me about 10:10pm and told me that he had found the apartment, but the people there told him that they didn't order any pizza.  I laughed because I just imagined Jordan and his companion standing at the door all confused.  After talking to the delivery guy for about 5 more minutes and explaining AGAIN that it was a surprise, he tried again and it was a success, phew!!!  I love having a missionary in the states where I am able to do fun stuff like this :) 


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom, we just got done playing sports.  Elder Thacker and I played some basketball and threw the football around while everyone else played soccer.  That is way cool about the lot and I hope that you get it because then dad would be way happy.  I hope that Powell is fun this year and the pizza delivery was funny.  I was so confused and very surprised, but I loved it though.  Oh, and thank you for ordering those CD's for me.  That little white hat that I'm wearing in the picture I sent, we just found it in our apartment and I just put it on so that is the story behind that.  Um, tell Austin that football brave quarters suck but are worth it.  Um, that would be weird if I came back to a new house, haha.  I am doing great and we have a baptismal date planned for this Sunday.

Mom:  I am so glad to hear that you are doing well.  I didn't realize that the pizza thing would be so confusing.  I think it is because the delivery guy didn't speak a lot of English and so he didn't really know what I was asking him to do.  He didn't make you pay anything did he?  How was your week?

Elder Parkinson:  No, he knew that it was paid for and we are doing great.  Just working hard.  The pizza thing was actually good spanish practice for me, haha.  I am doing so well and am excited for our baptism this Sunday.  It is for Solidad and it is a legit one and we have a lot of good looking investigators that we should have some more dates coming up.  I can't believe that President Martin goes home this Friday.

Mom:  Everything sounds awesome!  Do you get to see President Martin before he leaves?  Do you see a lot of Elder Thacker?

Elder Parkinson:  Um, yeah we will see him tomorrow and yes I still see Thacker all the time.  Oh, there is this girl down at Dixie that I want to hook Thacker up with so if you could get on my Facebook and ask her for her address that would be great.  Her name is _______.  Just send her address in the next letter that you send.

Mom:  Haha!!!!  Okay, I will try and get her address.  How was the temple?

Elder Parkinson:  It was so good to get back in the temple and feel the love of God in there.  It was so cool, but the Bountiful temple is still my favorite.  The LA temple is a huge temple though.  I love you so much and we don't have that much more time, but I love you and hope that all is well.  Try to get that address as soon as possible and oh, if you could try to get me the Rio soundtrack that would be great.

Mom:  Okay, like the movie Rio?  I love you more than you will ever know :)  Is there anything else you can think you need?  Did you get your 4th of July package?

Elder Parkinson:  Yes, the movie and yes I got the package, haha, thanks.  Still waiting for those popcorn balls though.  Um, I love you so much and I'll wait and see if we can email next week, but if not then the next week.

Mom:  I love you too cutie.  Hugs to you and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

The 4th of July Package

No comments:

Post a Comment