1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, June 11, 2012

GoodBye Elder Calder

Today was Jordan's third transfer.  He gets to stay in Van Nuys again, but his first companion, Elder Calder, was transferred.  He once again sounds wonderful and is loving this work.


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom, I am staying right here but my companion is going to North Hollywood.  It is like 20 minutes away, so not too bad.  Everything here has been good.  This week was a little bit slower just because my comp was ready to leave.  I am getting a new companion and his name is Elder Gomm.  He is from Texas.  He was in the same zone as me so I already know him and I think that he is a good kid.  The baptism didn't go through this week and yes I got the bread and the football is great and those shirts are perfect.  I hope that all is good back home.  I can't believe that you guys are just barely getting the boat out of storage.  Um, what else, I am doing very well and the new investigators are doing great.  I just need to keep teaching them.  So how is life back home?

Mom:  Things are good here.  I just dropped Cooper off at the U for basketball camp and now I am getting ready to take Austin to the underclassman All Poly camp.  Did you send a sim card last week?  Has your companion already left?

Elder Parkinson:  Um, no I didn't send one.  How many do you have at home because I only have one and I am sending it today.  Elder Calder won't leave until 5:00 today.  Tell Austin good luck with football.  I am doing so good and I love the mission.  Not much news here besides that I am going to have to lead the area for awhile, haha.  Oh, and Thacker is staying, thank goodness!

Mom:  So I need you to take a picture of you and your new companion.  I don't have any sim cards here, but I will buy some extra ones and send them to you.  I will also relay your message to Austin.  Thanks for always being so supportive of them.  I am so happy that you are doing well and loving the mission.  Is there anything you can think of that you need?  Are your contacts and $ okay?

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, I will take a picture of him for you.  I can't think of anything I need except some popcorn balls :)  Oh, maybe a little more money too.

Mom:  I think some of our emails are getting lost in space.  I am so proud of you!!!  You make me smile thinking about the amazing things you are doing.  What an awesome example you are to all of us.  I just want you to know that we pray for you daily and love you SO much!!!  Oh, and did you wrap Cooper's birthday letter in packing tape on purpose?

Elder Parkinson:  Haha, no, I did it just for a joke.  Pues no tengo mucho tiempo que voy a silir en cinco minutos.  Well, I am off.  I love you so much and I hope emailing works a little better next week.  Have a great week and I hope that all goes well.  Love you guys so much.

Mom:  We love you too.  Adios :)

No comments:

Post a Comment