1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, September 17, 2012

The New Area Is Nice And Ready To Be Harvested

Jordan has always been a man of few words.  He doesn't enjoy writing long novels with lots of details, he just covers the basics and gets right to the point.  I have a feeling that his emails are going to remain very short from now on.  It is nice to know that he is focused on the work and we'll just have to trust that we'll get all the great stories when he returns home.


Elder Parkinson:  Hey, all is good here in Palmdale.  The new area is great - just nice and ready to be harvested.  My new comp is about to go home in 9 weeks, so it is a little hard to get him to work all the time, but we get along really well.  So when I said that he was a native speaker, I meant that he was born in Mexico.  I love it here so much.  With opening a new area, it means that we start from scratch and just knock doors all day and try to find people.  There were a lot of new missionaries that came in, so President had to open a new area.  Also, yes we still do have a home ward.  Palmdale is different than Van Nuys just because the town is a little more laid back and relaxed which is just what I want.  My companion was born in Mexico, but he comes from Chicago.  He is super cool and I love him.  He knows how to work and is a good example.  Palmdale actually is a lot like St. George but without the red dirt.

Mom:  I am glad to hear that things are going well and you are happy.  Are you still getting fed a lot?

Elder Parkinson:  Um, yes we get fed a lot.  Also, did you make sure and tell everyone my new address?

Mom:  Yes, I made sure I let everyone know that you have a different address.  I also put it on your blog.   So you have 3 baptismal dates for September 30?  That is awesome!  Tell me about them.  Everything still fitting okay?  What was the charge on your debit card at the bike shop before you left Van Nuys?

Elder Parkinson:  They are old investigators that we are working with.  One is a lady in her 40's and there are 2 kids in their teens.  Um, yes, everything is fitting fine.  Oh, the charge was that  I got a bike tune up so that it was running nice when I came up here.  I have to go right now, sorry.  We are loving life here and doing well.  Also, tell Anne to give that girl from Utah State my address so I can get to know her.


This is Elder Parkinson's new companion.  I told him that I need a better picture, preferably one where he is not brushing his teeth :)

No comments:

Post a Comment