1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, September 10, 2012

Welcome To Palmdale


Elder Parkinson has finally left Van Nuys, after being there since March 21.  He is now in Palmdale, California which is about 35 miles to the north and east.  He said that it is a little more rural and he absolutely loves that.  I had a feeling that this is where he was because I saw a charge on his debit card at the Palmdale Walmart on Saturday.  He was a little surprised that I already knew where he was at before he could tell me.  The emailing did not go well today at all and I'm wondering if that is how it's going to be in this new area.  There was quite a delay with the email and I don't think he even received the ones I was sending.  No worries though, we still got to hear from him and know that all is well and he is as happy as ever.


Elder Parkinson:  Okay, so yes I am in Palmdale and it is great!  I am opening up a new area with my companion that doesn't know the area either, so yeah it is fun.  We are just knocking doors trying to find people.  My new companion is Elder Garnica.  He is a native speaker.  He only has 11 weeks left on his mission, so he is really good and experienced.  Elder Thacker went to be the zone leader up in Ridgecrest.  It is at the top of our mission.  I love Palmdale because it is away from everything and it feels like I am more in the country, which I love!  That is good to hear that Bountiful got a win and I am so happy that Dixie beat their opponents!  Tell Austin that I am sorry about his injury, but football is a memory that he will never forget and he will always be so happy that he made the decision to keep playing.

Mom:  I am so glad that you are happy!!!!  I want to know all about your area and your new companion.  Where is he from?  Did you get settled in okay?

Elder Parkinson:  Well mom I am doing great.  I guess everything with the computers is slow, but I love you and I hope that you get these emails.  We are loving life here.  I would like to make one small request for some more bread so that I can make some sandwiches.  I am going to play basketball now, but I love you and the fam.  I am very grateful for all that you do for me and all the support that I get from you.  Could you please let both Abbey's and Hannah know my new address?  I have to go now because other missionaries need to email.  Love you.

Mom:  I love you too.  Hugs :)


This is the new address:

Elder Jordan Parkinson
2918 Fairfield Ave.
Palmdale, CA 93550




A Photo of a Joshua Tree at Sunset in Palmdale

1 comment:

  1. Transfers are always an adventure (for everyone). In Evan's mission, they all take a train to the Nagoya eki (train station) and swap companions. They don't carry their luggage with them--they send it by courier. We wish Elder Parkinson the best. I'm sure he's an amazing missionary.

    ReplyDelete