1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Leaving Van Nuys - Destination Unknown


Final Photo From Van Nuys, California


I was so excited for today's email to hear what was going on with the transfers and see if Elder Parkinson was staying or going.  The only thing that I found out was that he will be leaving Van Nuys, but he doesn't know where he will end up yet.  He still sounds so happy and is loving life in Cali.


Elder Parkinson:  Okay, well they switched transfers up this time and I know that I am leaving, but I don't know where or with who until Thursday.  I know that I am going to be on a bike again and that is all that I know.  That is good to hear about football and that Austin and Cooper played well.  Missing football is one of the hardest things for me, but I am fighting through it.  I LOVE that sport!  That is too bad that Dixie lost, but they will start to pick it up.  I am so happy to be serving the Lord.  The Walmart gift card that you sent did get to me and I am doing so good out here.

Mom:  I am so excited to hear where you end up.  Are you excited you'll be on a bike again?  Things going well?

Elder Parkinson:  Yes, I am glad I am staying on a bike because then I can stay in shape, haha.  Um, yes, all is well.  I am doing great.  So how was boating?

Mom:  I didn't go boating because Austin had football practice at 1:30.  I think that everyone who went had fun though and the boat didn't even have problems this time, haha.  Are you going to be able to take everything with you when you transfer?  What about the fry daddy?

Elder Parkinson:  Yes, everything is packed, even the fry daddy, haha.  I will have to make my new companion some fries and stuff.

Mom:  Yay!!!  Fry up some twinkies for him :)  Is today your P-day or was that yesterday?

Elder Parkinson:  It was yesterday.  I went to the mall and helped Elder Christensen pick out a new suit because his year mark is in 2 weeks.  It was a great time.

Mom:  Oh fun.  Are you going to get a new suit when you hit your year mark?  Aren't you supposed to burn a shirt or something too?

Elder Parkinson:  Haha, no.  The two suits that I have are good and burning a shirt is against the rules, so I am not going to do that, haha.  I don't know what I am going to do for my year mark.  It is awhile away, so I am not going to worry about that.

Mom:  Good idea :)  Are Gomm and Thacker transferring too?  I just love you SO much!!!!  You make me smile.

Elder Parkinson:  Haha, I love you too.  Thacker is transferring, but Gomm is not.  I hope that Thacker and I stay close to each other.

Mom:  I hope you guys stay close too!  Will you be a trainer yet?  How is the spanish going?  How do you transfer all of your stuff?

Elder Parkinson:  No, I will not be a trainer yet.  My spanish is good and the way we move all our stuff is by the members giving us a ride.  I love you so much and I have to leave now.  I hope you have a great week and I will write a letter when I know where I am going and who I am with.

Mom:  Love you too!!!!

Elder Parkinson tied to a chair with string!  Oh how he will miss Van Nuys.

No comments:

Post a Comment