1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, October 8, 2012

All Is Well

I have been worried about Jordan since last week when he told me that his district was not getting along.  One of the hardest things for Elder Parkinson is somebody questioning his work ethic, because that is something he prides himself in.  I was so happy to hear that all is well in Palmdale once again.

Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom, yeah everything is better with our district now and we are getting along.  I talked with my district leader and he has changed.  I am happy to hear that the house is going well, haha.  I am so happy that Austin and Cooper are doing well cause I love them with all of my heart.  I am very sad to hear about Grandpa Baugh passing away.  He was a very good man and is going to be missed by everyone.  Um, what else, I haven't received the carmel apples yet and I would like to make a request to get some popcorn balls.  The next transfer isn't this week, but next and then my comp only has 6 weeks left of his mission.  The baptism got pushed back.

Mom:  I am so happy to hear that everything is going better.  I was worried about you!  I was also worried that you wouldn't be able to email today because it is Columbus Day.  Where do you email from?  What kind of popcorn balls would you like me to send?  So what are your thoughts about the new missionary age?

Elder Parkinson:  For the popcorn balls, I would like Abbey's kind please.  I think that the new mission age is a great thing because then the boys won't have to worry about college and everything else.  So how is life?

Mom:  Okay, I will work on getting those popcorn balls sent.  I agree about the mission age.  It is a really big change for the young women too.  Life is good.  I am just busy doing the normal stuff in addition to trying to figure out everything for the new house.  It has been tough to watch Austin having to be the water boy on the sidelines this year for football, but I am excited to see how the basketball season goes. Cooper is also doing great and it is fun to see him growing up so much.  So any exciting things happen this week?  Why did the baptism get pushed back?  What do you guys do on P days in Palmdale?  Are all of your clothes still fitting okay?

Elder Parkinson:  Um, the baptism got pushed back because he didn't come to church, but he is a very good kid and it will be fine.  I hope that it all works out with the new house.  I have to go now because other missionaries are waiting, but I love you so much and hope that all is great back home.  Also, will you send out some new contacts?

Mom:  Will do.  Love you to infinity and beyond.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment