1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, October 15, 2012

Another Transfer Down

Popcorn Balls and Contacts are on their way!



Today was transfer day in the San Fernando mission and Elder Parkinson is staying right where he is at.  He will be Elder Garnica's last companion in the field, as Elder Garnica goes home at the end of this transfer.  He sounds great from the little emailing I had with him today, just a little sympathetic for his Bountiful Braves.


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom.  Today is transfer day and everything is staying the same here except that Elder Shaur is leaving.  You have got to be kidding me about Bountiful losing to Woods Cross.  This better not be a joke because that would make me mad about Bountiful and all that.  I am glad to hear that Cooper is doing well with football and Austin getting up to go the temple on Tuesday mornings is really cool.  I did get the carmel apples and the post card from Hawaii.  It was nice to get that.  Where is Dallin Butters going on his mission again?  That is crazy that he leaves next week.

Mom:  I wish it were a joke, but I'm sad to say it's not.  The streak is over, but in reality it was just another game.  Who is Elder Shaur?  Dallin is going to Boston, Massachusetts.  How was your week?  What do you do on P days in Palmdale?

Elder Parkinson:  That's horrible, but oh well, Bountiful will always be my team.  Elder Shaur is just a cool kid that is in my district.  That is so crazy with Dallin.  Tell him bye for me okay.  The week was good, hahaha.  Um, what else, on P days we play bball and soccer and that is it.  I am getting back into shape again though.  So how was Hawaii?

Mom:  I am glad to hear that you are getting back into shape.  Dixie will need you :)  Hawaii was warm and beautiful.  It was nice to relax after the move, but I wish I could have taken my whole family with me.  How are things going with your 15 year old investigator?  Any other new investigators that you have found?  How is your ward?  Are you liking Palmdale?  How is the weather there?

Mom:  Hello?

Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom, sorry I have to get going.  Could you send me some gift cards?  I love you so much.  Oh, and some new shaver heads because I ran out.  I love you so much and thank you for all that you do for me.  I hope you have a great week.

This email came through around 3:30pm.  It must have got lost in space somewhere and was the answer to the last email I had sent him.  He must have thought I was crazy saying Hello? to him!

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, I can't wait to get back and play football.  The fifteen year old boy is looking good.  I love this work so much.  Palmdale is great and the weather reminds me of back home, kind of cold right now.  The ward is still getting to know us and yes, we have like 6 more dates coming up soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment