1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, October 1, 2012

A Small Road Bump

I just love this Elder and look forward to each and every Monday that I get to hear from him.  He is an inspiration and example to our whole family.


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom.  I didn't send a letter this week because I didn't write down the new address to the rental.  So, yeah, we are living in a house, not an apartment.  It is very nice.  I still love Palmdale and we find new investigators every week.  We have a date for a baptism in 3 weeks and it is very solid.  I love it.  I am so happy that all is great back home.  Here in the mission, our district is starting to fall apart because our leader thinks that we are not obedient.  He went and told the mission president that and now he is thinking that we don't work and are bad missionaries.  So yeah, I am a little mad at our leader because he doesn't even know how hard we work or anything.

Mom:  So tell me about the investigator that you have a date for in 3 weeks.  That is too bad to hear about your district.  Why does your leader think that you are bad missionaries?  

Elder Parkinson:  Our investigator is 15 years old and we are doing great with him.  He is a golden investigator.  Ou district leader just thinks that we are not obedient and that we don't work.  All he cares about is the numbers, not the missionaries.

Mom:  So he thinks you are not working because you are not baptizing a lot?  Are you going to talk to your mission president?  Do you feel like you are giving your best effort, because if you do then that is all that matters.  Did you get the letters from dad and the boys this week?  I sent the one from Austin and Cooper on Thursday, so it may not be there yet.

Elder Parkinson:  I am going to talk to the president here soon and I always give my all.  I was taught well.  I got the letter from dad, but not the boys yet.  Did you tell Anne to tell that girl from Utah State to write me?

Mom:  Yes, I told Anne.  She is sending her your address.  Do you get along with the other elders in your district?  I'm sure that you are doing great.  Just remember to always do your best and follow the spirit.  100% obedience brings the biggest blessings.  Is there anything that you are needing?  Where do you get to watch General Conference at?

Elder Parkinson:  Okay, that is good to hear that Anne is taking care of that.  I am trying my best with all we do.  We are watching conference at the stake center.  I get along with all but 2 elders in my district.  I kind of miss Van Nuys a little because I got along with all of them there, but I am good.  I love you and I have to go.

Mom:  I love you SO much.  Just remember what an AMAZING young man you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment