1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 300

Tomorrow Elder Parkinson hits 300 days since he has been out on his mission.  Some days have gone fast, while others have seemed like forever.  At this time of the year, however, I realize how thankful I am that Jordan is a part of our family and is out serving his Heavenly Father.  Jordan is an amazing young man with a heart of gold, a great positive attitude, a friendly smile and a ferocious work ethic.  I am so grateful that he is willing to give up two years of his life to share this wonderful gospel message with the people of the San Fernando mission.  What an example he is to us all.  We love you Elder P.


Elder Parkinson:  Hi mom.  Everything is going great.  We didn't have the best week, but we are trying to get better this week.  I am just pushing through these last 2 weeks before my comp goes home.  I know how not to act when I am almost done with my mission now, so that is a good thing that has come out of it.  That is crazy about the snow storm that you got.  I guess you probably won't be able to get the foundation laid this fall, but oh well.  I am sad to hear about Cooper's championship game.  It is hard to lose, especially when you know that you played better than the other team.  I hope that Cooper is still happy that they made it to the championships though.  That is funny that Coach Maxwell calls Austin "chubby."  I do kind of miss basketball, but not as much as football, haha.  I am doing great and love you guys and the example that you have set for me.

Mom:  I am glad to hear that you are pushing through.  It will be a good learning experience, if nothing else.  How was your hike last week?  Any fun plans for today?

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, it is a good learning experience.  The hike was great.  We went for a little adventure and we are just going to play ball today.  We are doing great here.  That pic with me and the other white missionary on the bench is Elder Whitley.  He is such a stud.

Mom:  What picture? Did you send a sim card?  It is so nice to hear that you are making some great friends out there.  That makes me smile.  I am supposed to tell you that Zac is going to carry on the legacy of your winning dunk at the meet the team night on Thursday.  He said he is going to do the "show your abs" dunk.  Do you have any new baptismal dates?  Does it ever snow in Palmdale?

Elder Parkinson:  Haha, um, yes I did send a sim card.  It should get there today.  I am so happy to have friends out here on the mission.  It really helps me to keep going.  Tell Larry that the "abs" dunk is my dunk and no one can steal it from me, haha.  Just kidding, I think it would be funny if he did it.  We don't have any new baptismal dates yet and they say that it snows here but it hasn't yet.  Well I am going to go play some ball, so I will talk to you next week.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment