1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, November 19, 2012

First Thanksgiving in the Field

Sending Peaceful Wishes For Thanksgiving


The holiday season is upon us and this is the first time we have not had Elder Parkinson with us.  I'm sure it will be a growing experience for us all and Jordan will be well cared for in Palmdale.  He sounds great and, from his recent pictures, he looks great too.  


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom, I am doing good.  Yes, this is my last week with Elder Garnica.  Um, we don't have any new baptism dates yet, but we have a lot of potentials.  We had stake conference over the weekend and it was great.  It was almost all on missionary work.  I am kinda sad to hear that you are not going to start building until spring, but I guess it will all work out.  I just want you to know that I am doing great.  I pray for Austin every night that he can stay healthy.  That is so good to hear about Cooper's game on Thursday.  I'm glad he's knocking down the 3's and doing well.  Tell Rylito congrats for me and to enjoy the moment.  It is the best time ever.  We haven't really seen a huge number of new missionaries with the age change yet, but we are expecting a lot.  I love you.  This computer is really slow, so you probably won't get this email in time to reply.  I think I am going to buy a new football so we can play a turkey bowl.  I gave the football that you sent me to a member kid that needed it.  Yes, we will be eating at a members house for Thanksgiving.  I hope that you can make it to Idaho to celebrate Thanksgiving.  I love you so much and hope that you are doing great.

Mom:  I am SO glad to hear that you are doing well.  Do you think that you will be staying in Palmdale for the next transfer?  I love you sweetheart.

Elder Parkinson:  Yes, I will be staying in Palmdale.  I had my interview with president and he said I was.  I am happy about that.  I am so sorry, but I have to go.  There are some sister missionaries waiting to email.  I love you so much and I will email longer next week.  The computer took 1 hour to load.  Thank you for all that you do for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment