1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, November 5, 2012

Devil's Punch Bowl

As usual, Elder Parkinson sounds great.  I found out that his Halloween included being in by 6pm and doing a deep clean on their house.  That probably qualified as a pretty scary event :)


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom.  All is good here.  We are working hard and on Halloween, we had to be in by 6pm.  We just cleaned the house.  We don't have any new baptisms yet, but we are working on it.  My companion has 3 weeks left.  He is SO ready to go home, but we are getting along just fine.  That is sad to hear that you may not get the foundation poured until spring.  I was so excited for you to get it laid and get the house started.  I am also sad that there was no candy sorting and trading going on at the house this year.  Austin is just a teenager now, haha, and doesn't want anything to do with that little kid stuff.  I heard that him and Hannah's sister have been hanging out.  I am so happy that Cooper is finally having a winning football season and having fun with it.  Dad is a very good coach and I'm sure he will find a way to get them the W for the championship.  I hope that Austin does well in basketball.  Tell him that hard work always pays off in the end.  It's not the most fun while you're doing it, but after it will pay off.  That is not good to hear that btown lost, but they will come back strong again next year.  I hope that all is well back home.  I am doing great.  We are going on a hike today so that will be fun.  I would really like if you could send some more bread and will you send 2 extra loafs for one of the missionaries out here.  He is like my "Thacker" here in Palmdale.

Mom:  Yes, it is kinda sad that all my kids are growing up.  I guess I'll just have to wait for grandkids ;)
I am glad to hear that things are going well.  Where are you hiking today?  Make sure to take some pictures and include yourself in some of them too.  I am also excited for Cooper and his football team.  I'm glad that Dad and him have had this experience together.  Yes, Austin does hang out with Hannah's sister sometimes.  She is part of their big group of friends.  I will make sure to tell Austin to work hard!!!  What is the Elder's name that I am sending bread to?

Elder Parkinson:  Um, well I don't know how quick you are going to have grandkids, haha.  I will make sure to take some good pics for you.  The Elder's name is Elder Whitley.  He is from Ogden.  He is so cool and I love him so much.

Mom:  Haha!!! I can wait several years for grandkids!!!  I am so glad that you have found another Elder that you get along with and have fun with.  I'm sure it makes things even better.  I just love you so much and am grateful everyday that I get to be your mom.  How is the work going?

Elder Parkinson:  The work is a little slow because my comp is going home, but I think that I might train a new missionary next transfer, so the work will pick up then.

Mom:  That's awesome that you might get to train next transfer.  Are you ready for that?  So where is it that you are hiking today?  Are you near an Air Force base?

Elder Parkinson:  I think that I am ready, I guess I will find out.  The place is called Devil's Punch Bowl and yes we are close to an Air Force base.

Mom:  I'll have to look up Devil's Punch Bowl on google earth and see if I can find where you're going.  I think you will be an amazing trainer!!! Just remember all of the things that you have liked about your own trainers.  Is the weather still pretty mild there?  How is your ward?  Do you get to go to the temple again anytime soon?

Elder Parkinson:  Yes, I am so happy to go hiking.  The weather is getting a little cold.  The ward is really good and I think we are going to the temple again around Christmas time.  I have to go.  I love you so much and can't wait to email again with you next week.

Mom:  I love you too cutie.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment