1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, March 11, 2013

Broken Bike

Today was another quick email from Jordan because he had to hurry and catch a bus again.  Part of me is a little sad that I didn't get to email with him, but most of me is so full of joy that he is doing well, staying busy and enjoying this whole experience.
*As a side note - The San Fernando mission where Elder Parkinson is serving is going to be split on July 1, 2013.  Those Elders who are serving in the northern part of the current San Fernando mission as of July 1 will be in the new California, Bakersfield mission.  If Jordan stays where he is at now, he will be a part of the new Bakersfield mission.  These are definitely exciting times.


Elder Parkinson:  Well today is going to be quick because my bike broke a little, so I have to take the bus down to get the new part to fix it.  This week was slow.  Our only investigator dropped us, so that was hard, but we are still working hard.  Sushi was great last week.  I can't remember what the place was called, but it was great.  I love sushi!  To answer your questions, we do our shopping in Lancaster at the Walmart there.  That is nice that the house building is going to start soon.  Also, tell Austin and Cooper that no matter what they do, I will always be stronger than them.  I sent that jacket home because I don't want it to get ruined out here.  I want it to stay nice along with the other stuff that I sent home.  I will make sure to try and get a sim card sent home this week so you can see who my new companion is.  Okay, about the mission split, I think it is crazy that I could possibly serve in 2 different missions with 3 different mission presidents.  That is weird, but I am okay with it.  I do need some more pants, but my shirts are great so don't worry about those.

Mom:  I am sorry to hear about your bike.  Hopefully you can fix it.  What color of pants do you need? Keep working hard and things will work out the way they are supposed to.  I love you so much.

Elder Parkinson:  Just whatever colors you think would look good.  I am just trying to stay positive, haha.  The whole town of Lake Los Angeles is ours now and we are still on bike.  It is tough.  Well, I have to go but I love you and I am so sorry that it was so short again.  I just don't have time these days, haha.  I love you!!!


This was the jacket that Jordan sent home last week.  It was nice to get something that reminded us of him.  The best part was being able to smell it and even better was that it smelled GREAT!!!  Now I know for sure that he is doing his laundry and showering regularly ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment