1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, March 18, 2013

Happy Birthday Week Elder Parkinson

Today marks exactly 14 months that Jordan has been out on his mission.  I am not going to lie, I have felt each and every one of those days.  The good thing though is that the time is flying by for him and he is loving his mission.  He will be celebrating his last birthday in the mission field this Friday - the big 20.  Happy Birthday Elder Parkinson!!!


Elder Barker (Jordan's current companion) at their house in Lake LA


Elder Parkinson:  Hello.  Well this week was better.  The bike is fixed and the weather is starting to get hot.  The Elder's that live with us are great, I love them.  It is a fun time in the house.  That is nice that the snow is melting in Bountiful and I'm glad that you got to go to St. George for Cooper's baseball.  I miss St. George, but it okay because I love it here.  I hope that Cooper had a good time at his tournament.  Tell him that I will definitely still be stronger than him when I come home, haha.  I'm sure everything will work out with Austin's basketball team and he will figure it out.  I can't believe that it is already March Madness and that I will be home for next years.  It is hard to miss because I love that tourney, but it is okay.  I hope that all is well back home and I am excited to email with you.

Mom:  I am so happy to hear that you are doing well.  Have you had any luck finding someone to teach?

Elder Parkinson:  Yes, we actually found 4 people this week - a family and 2 teenagers.  It is way cool and they are way legit.  We have a lesson with the family tonight and I am so happy to teach them and let them know about the gospel.

Mom:  That is so exciting to hear.  I am so happy that the Lord has lead you to them.  What are your plans for today?  Did you get the package with the pants?  Did they fit okay?

Elder Parkinson:  For today I am going to get my hair cut because we have interviews tomorrow.  I did the package and the pants fit just fine.  I really like them.  Thank you so much!  So, about college, I think I have received an answer.  I think I am going to go to Dixie for 1 semester and then talk with Utah State when I get home and tell them I would love to come up in the fall of the following season or if they wanted in the spring of the following season.  I do think that I am just going to go down to Dixie for the spring that I get back.

Mom:  I am glad that you have felt inspiration because I have not known what would be best for you.  I will talk to coach J again to tell him.  I think he was kind of wanting you to try Weber, haha.  When are your next transfers?  Is there anything special that you want for your birthday?

Elder Parkinson:  Well tell coach J that I am willing to talk with them also, but that is my plan.  The next transfers are next Tuesday.  For my birthday, there is nothing that I really want so just surprise me. I am doing great out here and I love the mission.  I can't believe that I am at 14 months today.  I am getting too old for this, haha.  

Mom:  You are getting old!!!  The big 20!!!  Any idea what will happen with transfers?

Elder Parkinson:  I can't believe that I am not a teenager anymore, haha.  As far as transfers go, I have no idea what is going to happen.

Mom:  What I can't believe is that you left us as a teenager and are coming home to us as a man :)  I am so happy for you and I hope you have a great birthday!!!  Are you still riding your bike a lot?  How do you get the packages that we send?  Do you have to carry them on your bike from the post office?

Elder Parkinson:  I am riding like 30 miles a day.  The packages come right to our door so I don't have to try to carry them on the bike.  Well, I have to go.  I love you so much and I will talk with you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment