1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, March 25, 2013

March Madness

Today is transfer day for the San Fernando mission and Elder Parkinson is staying where he's at for now.  We have been thinking about him a lot this past week, not only because he had a birthday, but because the NCAA basketball tournament is his favorite time of the year.  He is such an outstanding young man and we are so honored that he is our son.


Elder Parkinson:  Hello.  My week was great!  For my birthday, Elder Thacker came up and was my companion.  That was cool.  I did get your package and I love the socks!  So for transfers, I am staying with my comp, so you can still send stuff to that same address.  That is crazy about the March Madness tourney.  I do miss watching it, but I know it will be so much better when I get home.  I am doing so well out here.  I am happy to hear that the house is moving forward and that Austin and Cooper are doing good in their sports.  So yes, the rule about emailing friends has been changed, but the Mission Presidents were slow to tell us about it.  I think it is so nice that we can email friends now.  I just wanted to let you low that I am so happy that you guys are supporting me as much as you do.  I love you guys so much.

These are the socks that we sent Jordan for his birthday.


Mom:  I am so happy that you got to spend your birthday with Elder Thacker!  That makes me smile :)  Did the cupcakes arrive in one piece?  We thought you would like those Cali socks.  Now everyone in your mission is going to need a pair.  Are your investigators still doing well?

Elder Parkinson:  Haha, the cupcakes were somewhat together.  Yeah, everyone loves the socks.  The investigators are doing great, just slowly but surely with them.  I love the people here.  They are so down to earth.  Also, Elder Thacker goes home in 6 weeks and he said he wants to visit you guys, so I am going to give him your number.

Mom:  I would love to meet Elder Thacker!  I would also like to go to his homecoming talk, so will you ask him to give you those details when he finds out the date and time?  I forgot to tell you that we are getting a new stake presidency next month because both President Dester and Murdock were called as mission presidents.

Elder Parkinson:  That is so cool.  Do they know where they are going?  I will make sure to get the info from Elder Thacker for you.

Mom:  President Dester is going to Honduras and Murdock is going to Denver, Colorado.  Also, the Bells (J Bell's family) are moving.  They bought a house over in Eaglewood somewhere.

Elder Parkinson:  That is way cool.  Well, I love you guys so much and I hope that you have a great week.  I have got to go.  I love you!!!

Mom:  Love you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment