1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, May 20, 2013

A Good Week

Elder Parkinson is now training a new missionary who comes from Las Vegas, Nevada.  His name is Elder Zobrist and he is straight from the MTC and awaiting a Visa for Argentina.  He is also 6'6" like Jordan, so I'm sure they make a pretty intimidating pair.  They have moved into a different house, but are still serving the Lake Los Angeles area.  Currently they are covering both English and Spanish.  Elder Parkinson is doing really well and loving serving the Lord.


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom, all is well.  My comp and I are getting along fine, he just thinks that he knows it all and that he can do whatever he wants during the day, but he is good and we are getting things figured out.  His name is Elder Zobrist.  I got that letter from my Mission President also.  It is good to see that the Lord trusts me.  About the football thing, what do you think Weber would say?  I did get a phone call from Carlos on Saturday. (He had called my cell phone looking for "Elder Jordan" and luckily I had Jordan's mission phone # from the mother's day phone call.)  He was someone that I was teaching and he is way funny.  He is the one that I broke his bed when I sat down on it when I was in Van Nuys.  He sounds like he has changed a lot.  I can't believe that Ali is getting ready to leave on her mission.  That is crazy, but I guess it is her time to go.  Tell Austin that he is not missing much with Gunner leaving and tell Cooper that I'm sure he did the best he could on the high jump.  Rain is horrible to play passing football in, that is why the I formation is the best.  I am so happy to hear that Austin is doing well and he is healing.  When you go to Thacker's homecoming this Sunday, be sure to take him my love and my sense of humor.  He has been emailing me and I will try to send you the pics that he has been sending me.  I love you so much and I want you to know that I am happy.  The week went very well.  We have 2 baptism dates and a new one with an African American woman whose name is Evett.  She is going to be baptized the same day as Gabriel.  Also, we had 4 people at church with us, so it was a good week.

Mom:  I am glad things are going better with your comp.  I do believe that The Lord put you as his trainer for a reason.  I am not sure about Weber because Coach J said that they are in transition with coaches right now.  I think you need to go where you feel is the best for you.  I just think you would like being a little closer to home so you can watch your brother's play their high school sports while you still play yours.  I am good with whatever you decide though.  I am so SO excited to hear about your investigators!!!  That is so awesome that you have found people who are ready and willing to accept this amazing gospel.  This will make their lives so much happier and I am grateful that you get to share that with them.  So do you have your new address yet?

Elder Parkinson:  I sent my new address on the envelope with the sim card, but I do not have it on me right now.  I have no idea where I want to go play anymore.  I will have to pray again.  I am so happy that the people we are teaching finally accepted the challenge of reading The Book of Mormon and all of that.  They are way cool.

Mom:  On the envelope it said the city was Palmdale.  Is that right?  Just keep praying about college and I know you will receive an answer and feel at peace.  Going to Dixie for a semester wouldn't be bad either, but I know you will be prompted as to what is best.  What are the plans today?

Elder Parkinson:  Yes, that is the right address.  I will pray and see where I need to go.  I am so happy to be serving a mission.  For today we are going to play bball and have some fun.  I hope that you are doing well.  I love you so much.

Mom:  I love you more than you will ever know.  Don't stress about college right now, just concentrate on your mission and it will all work out.  Enjoy your Pday and relax and have a little fun.  I will tell Thacker hello for you on Sunday.

Elder Parkinson:  Okay, I love you.  Have a great week and I hope that all is well back home.


 Elder Parkinson putting his new watch to work.


 Elder's Parkinson and Thacker during a game of bball.  They became very close friends on the mission and now Elder Thacker is home and waiting for Elder Parkinson's return.


 Jordan's still got it!!!


 This is a picture of Elder Parkinson with his new companion, Elder Zobrist (left) whom he is now training.  In the middle is Jordan's first trainer, Elder Calder.  The tradition continues.


Elder's Parkinson and Thacker on transfer day and the day that Elder Thacker went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment