1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, May 13, 2013

Last Call Home

Sunday was Mother's Day which has an extra special meaning when you have a child serving a mission.  Missionaries are only allowed to call home on Christmas and Mother's Day.  It is the best thing ever!!!  Since Elder Parkinson will most likely be coming home right before Christmas this year, this Mother's Day was our last opportunity to Skype with him and talk to him over the phone.  It was so wonderful to be able to see his smiling face and hear him laugh.  He looked SO good and seemed SO happy which makes all of us happy.  It was nice to see that he is still the same JP that we all know and love, only better if that's possible.  I also got to email with him a little today, which was the cherry on top of a great weekend.


This was the best Mother's Day gift that I could have asked for - having all 3 of my boys together and smiling.  I am truly blessed.


Elder Parkinson:  It was great to talk to you yesterday.  I am so happy that Austin posted that about wanting to serve a mission.  I hope he will love his mission just how I love mine.  I do know Kaden Argyle because we played football together.  That is cool that he is coming to the same mission as me.  My comp is doing good for his first week out.  I am working hard with him.  Tell Cooper that he will do fine at his track meet and that he has always been an athlete.  I hope to hear from you soon.

Mom:  I will make sure and tell Cooper that.  I'm sure that will make him happy.  Austin is lucky to have an example like you.  How is your day going so far?  I forgot to ask you yesterday how everything is holding up.  Are your shirts, pants, socks, shoes okay?  How about your contacts?  Let me know when you hear back from Coach Campbell.  

Elder Parkinson:  Okay.  I am doing good on everything right now.  My plan is to leave just about everything behind when I come home.  I hope Austin is doing well and his injuries are starting to heal.  How are you holding up after yesterday?

Mom:  I just want to make sure that you bring your shoes home, so I can see them :)  I am doing good.  Seeing you smile and laugh and just practically glow makes me know you are exactly where you need to be right now.  I miss you, but I know that I get to spend forever with you, so this time is the Lord's time for you.  Did you get any other emails today?

Elder Parkinson:  I got a lot of emails.  Kilpack emailed me and grandma.  Remember the other Elder Parkinson from the MTC?  We email back and forth.  I also heard from Jensen and Rich and some other people.  I would like to hear from Dave, but nothing yet.

Mom:  That is great that you get to hear from so many.  How is Rich doing?  How about Jensen?  I will try and find Dave's email for you.

Elder Parkinson:  Jensen is doing great and Rich said that he is going through some hard times right now, but the Lord is helping him through.

Mom:  It is amazing to watch all of you grow so much.  Are you going to see your new investigator today?  When do you leave for Lancaster?  Do you do your shopping in Lancaster too?

Elder Parkinson:  Well, we don't know for sure if we are going to get to see our investigator today or not.  We are going to leave for Lancaster soon and yes we do our shopping there.  I am doing great.

Mom:  You are awesome!!!  I love you SO much and am so grateful for you.  Keep working hard and being obedient and you will be taken care of.  I will make sure to send some pics of Cooper's track meet today.

Elder Parkinson:  Okay.  I love you and hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment