1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, June 17, 2013

District Leader in Lake Los Angeles

Today was a big transfer day in the San Fernando mission.  Since the mission will be split on July 1, this transfer determined where they will serve the remainder of their mission.  Elder Parkinson will now become a part of the Bakersfield mission on July 1 since he is staying in the desert.  There is also going to be a broadcast this Sunday that all of the missionaries are supposed to watch as well as every member of the church.  It is a broadcast meant for mission presidents and I have heard that there is going to be a major announcement.  We are excited to see what more exciting news may be coming our way.


Elder Parkinson:  Okay, well I am staying here in the same house and I will be getting another new missionary.  Elder Zobrist will be leaving to the valley.  I am also going to be the district leader for Lake LA.  The baptism got moved to this Sunday because yesterday was Father's day.  Tell dad that his card is on the way.  I was a little late getting it off.  That is crazy that the MTC has to hold their devotionals in the Marriott Center.  I think it's so cool.  Yeah, all the missionaries have to watch the broadcast on Sunday too, so we will see what it is about.  That is great that they boys are doing good in basketball.  When do they come to Cali to play?  I am very scared that Austin is getting his license in September.  I think you are going to have more problems with him than you did with me, haha.  That is good to hear that the house will be coming along soon.  Well, I can't wait to hear from you.

Mom:  That is great that you are staying in the same area.  Are you happy about that?  Does that mean that you will be in the Bakersfield mission?  What do you think about being the district leader for Lake LA?  Are you still going to have to do both Spanish and English?  Do you know who your new companion will be?  I think Austin will be okay driving as long as he doesn't try to impress his friends.  We are going to be in Cali from July 10-14 with the basketball team.

Elder Parkinson:  Well I am happy about staying here, haha.  It is going to be cool.  I am also happy to be the district leader.  Yes, I am still over both languages.  It is hard because you have to keep trust with both sides.  I hope that Austin will be okay and drive carefully.  What kind of car is he getting?  Coach will have to take me out again when he's here.

Mom:  So are you going to be in the Bakersfield mission?  Do you know who your new companion will be?  We are looking at 4Runners for Austin because I thought that yours did well.  I will have to see what the basketball schedule is like and see if coach can make it up to Lake LA.

Elder Parkinson:  Yes, I am going to be part of the Bakersfield mission and I won't know who my new companion is until tomorrow.  That is a great car for him and that would be cool if coach could come up.  What are you thinking about my car for when I get back?  Also, the temple was great and Weber is where I am going to go.

Mom:  What great news!  I am glad that you feel good about Weber because I think you will be happy there for lots of reasons.  As far as your car goes, we are still not quite sure yet.  We think that a truck would cost a lot in gas and it would be hard to park on a college campus.  What are your thoughts?  Tell me about your temple trip.  Did you get to see some of your friends?  I hope you took pictures ;)  Did you get your package last week?


Los Angeles Temple

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, Weber is where I want to go.  I am good with whatever for a car.  As long as it gets me from point A to point B.  The temple was great.  I received a lot of answers to prayers and it was so nice.  I did get to see a lot of people.  Can you believe that Elder Calder (his first trainer) goes home on Wednesday?  That is crazy for me.  I did the package and it was perfect, so thank you.

Mom:  I am glad that you received answers at the temple.  What is my favorite place to go when I am feeling troubled and need answers.  There is so much peace there.  This is crazy that Elder Calder is going home on Wednesday!  It is even crazier that you are coming home in December :)  What are your plans for today?  How are you doing and feeling?

Elder Parkinson:  Yes, answers really do come at the temple.  I can't believe that I am coming home in December.  I am doing great and feeling great.  For today we are just going and saying goodbye to members and also just packing and stuff like that.

Mom:  That sounds fun!  So will you be doing the baptism this Sunday now that Elder Zobrist is leaving?

Elder Parkinson:  I am not sure who is going to baptize him, but we will figure it out.  So, yeah, whatever car is good but I am going to have to put a system in it, haha.

Mom:  Of course you will need a system in it, haha.  Are all of your clothes holding up?

Elder Parkinson:  They are doing great.  They will get me to the end and then I am throwing almost everything out.

Mom:  Sounds great!  Well, I want you to know how much I love you.  You are such an amazing young man and son.

Elder Parkinson:  Thanks mom.  I love you too and I hope that you have a great week and that all goes how you want it.  I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment