1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, June 3, 2013

Happy June

Today was an interesting day emailing with Elder Parkinson since I was doing it from an exam chair in the dentist's office.  I always love emailing back and forth with Jordan, so I had to make sure I didn't miss the opportunity.  As usual, he sounds sounds so happy and is loving this journey.  What more could we ask for?


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom, I am doing great and just loving the mission.  We are going to have one baptism this month because the other one had to get moved back.  She didn't feel well yesterday so she couldn't come to church.  Gabriel came though and he is so ready for this.  He just graduated from high school and he is in love with the church.  It is the best thing for him and I am so happy for him.  Just keep praying about the house and I'm sure it will all work out.  I'm sure it is very stressful, but just keep turning to the Lord in prayer and scripture study and he will help you.  I hope that Cooper will be able to do all the sports that he wants to do.  He will have a great time and I know he will enjoy it.  I am so excited that he made the high school summer baseball team.  Tell him congrats for me.  I hope that Austin does well with his basketball this week.  Is he all the way back from his injury?  I hope that he and Cooper take care of Blue Devil (our boat) for me.  I love that boat.  With summer coming I really want to get out on the lake, but I will just have to wait until next year.  That is crazy that there are missionaries getting ready to come home that are my age.  It seems like they just left.  I can't believe how much everyone is growing up and how fast the time is going.

Mom:  I am so excited for Gabriel!!!  What a huge blessing in his life.  I will make sure and tell Coop congrats for you.  I think Austin's ankle is feeling much better, but his finger is still broken. I know that everything will work out with the house one way or another.  I have been praying quite a bit lately ;)  How did your fast go last week?

Elder Parkinson:  The fast went good.  We got a new spanish investigator.  She is good, but is going to need a lot of help because she studied with a lot of church's before.  She is cool though. 

Mom:  I am so happy that you found someone and that you had the faith necessary to fast for that blessing.  How is your companion doing?  How were the sand rails?

Elder Parkinson:  It is a little hard to be companions with him because he is super self righteous and thinks he knows it all, but it's okay.  The sand rail was so fun.  It reminded me of Gramps' house.

Mom:  Just keep pushing through with your comp and it will all work out.   I think he was put with you for a reason and there is something to be learned.  I am so glad you had fun sand railing!  How was the sushi?

Elder Parkinson:  Haha.  We didn't go to sushi on Monday because it was closed, but we went on Tuesday and it was great!  I loved it!  I am just turning to my Father in Heaven to know what I need to do with my comp.  I have a favor to ask you....could you get _________'s email for me?

Mom:  I would be happy to do that for you.  Was it better than the sushi we have here?  How much did you eat?

Elder Parkinson:  Um, well it was ok sushi.  It was all you can eat, so I had 9 rolls and 8 things of sushi, but they are bigger than the ones we eat.

Mom:  Holy Cow!!! Did you get sick?  What are you doing today?  Is there anything that you need?  I think that Elder from Columbia should get his shoes and ties today hopefully.

Elder Parkinson:  Haha, no, I felt good.  We are going in to play basketball with the zone today so that will be fun.  Thank you so much for sending that to him.  As far as school goes, have you heard anything about Weber?

Mom:  You are so welcome.  I am going to talk to Coach J today.  What are your thoughts?

Elder Parkinson:  I am not really sure what I am thinking, so maybe you could just check with Coach J again and see his thoughts?

Mom:  Yes,  I will check with him and see what his thoughts are.  I am sure you will make the right choice if you just follow the spirit.  No matter what happens, you can always change schools in the fall if needed.  I don't want you to worry or stress about this right now.  Keep doing what you are supposed to and it will all work out.

Elder Parkinson:  Okay, I will.  Thank you for all the support and for everything that you do.  We are going to get going, but I love you so much and hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment