1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, June 24, 2013

Working Hard And Baptizing

This week was a little odd emailing with Elder Parkinson.  He started to email and then said he would be back after he played some basketball.  I finally figured out that he was in Lancaster emailing, whereas he is usually in Lake Los Angeles first and then heads down to Lancaster after emailing.  I wasn't sure when he would email again, but luckily it worked out that I was still available when he emailed later.  He is doing great and still loving everything about his mission and the work.  We are now 3/4 of the way through this mission and can't wait for December to come.


Elder Parkinson:  Well all went well this week and we are working hard.  My new companion's name is Elder Farnsworth and he is from Colorado.  He is cool and I like him a lot.  He is a hard worker, but is chill about things, haha.  The broadcast yesterday was good, but I was expecting a bigger announcement too.  I hope that all goes well with the house this week and that you can start digging a hole next week.  I am glad that Austin and Cooper are doing well.  That is great that Austin liked the Manti pageant..  I can't believe that he bit a hole in tongue.  That is crazy!!!  I am so excited for Jase to start his mission.  He will do great and please tell him that I say hi.  The only things that I know about my new mission president are  that his name is President Wilson and he is from Cedar City, Utah.  Well, I love you and can't wait to hear from you.

This is Austin's tongue after he bit it at basketball practice.  The hole goes all the way through.


Mom:  I am so glad to hear that you are doing well.  It is such a blessing that you like your companion. How long has he been out?  Has being a district leader been hard?

Elder Parkinson:  My comp is brand new and I am training him.  It is not that hard being the district leader and yes it is such a blessing that we get along so well.  So what's new?

Mom:  Yay, you have another "son!"  Nothing too much is new here except that the house is actually coming along and we are busy with sports and getting ready for Lake Powell.  I am going to meet gramps in Pocatello tomorrow to switch him vehicles.  Since nobody that we are going to Powell with has a truck, we need the extra bed space for coolers and drinks and such.  So you can rub it in about needing a truck even more now ;)

Elder Parkinson:  Haha, I told you that trucks are the only way to go :)  That is great that you are going to take gramps' truck.  I will be back in a little bit.  I am going to play ball but I will be back to email more...............

2 hours later

Mom:  When will you be back?  Are you there now?

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, I have time now.  I am mad, so I am just cooling off.

Mom:  What are you mad about?

Elder Parkinson:  Haha, just bball.  We were playing some guys that foul a lot and I don't like people like that.

Mom:  Yeah, that's not fun to play against people like that.  What are your plans for today?  How did the baptism go?

Elder Parkinson:  It went well and we are just going to chill until we catch the bus back to Lake LA.  My kid did the baptism and it was a great experience for him.

Mom:  That's awesome for him!  We really need pictures.  It's been almost a month since you have sent a SIM card ;)  Do you have any other potential investigators?  Are you doing well?

Elder Parkinson:  Haha, okay, I will send a SIM card home for you.  We have a couple of people that we are working with right now.  I am doing great and I am ready to just get back into Spanish work.

Mom:  Is it hard to find the Spanish people?  Has it been hot there?

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, it is a little hard to find them.  It is not to hot here, but how is the temp there?

Mom:  It has only been in the 80's lately, so that is nice.  Is your new companion tall?  Is he going to stay in the Bakersfield mission?  I just realized that I am not going to be able to email with you next week because I don't think we'll have service in Powell.  You'll have to send me a really long, good email next Monday.  I love you so much!!!

Elder Parkinson:  My companion is about 6 foot and yes, he is going to stay in this mission.  I will for sure write you a good email next week.  I love you so much and I hope that you have a great time at Powell.

The 4th of July package that will be on it's way to Lake LA this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment