1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, July 8, 2013

Welcome To The Bakersfield Mission

Our family was in Lake Powell all of last week, so I didn't get a chance to email with Elder Parkinson.  It was really hard to not be able to have the slightest bit of communication with him, but his happiness makes me happy.  He is doing really well and enjoying the last 1/4 of his mission.  He is now officially in the California, Bakersfield mission.  This area covers a lot of the desert to the north and east of LA.  Elder Parkinson has now had 3 different mission presidents in addition to the two different missions.  He loves his new mission president and the companion that he is training.


Elder Parkinson:  Well, the week was great and everything is going well.  Yes, we did meet the new mission president and he is way cool.  I like him a lot.  He is from Cedar City.  I am so relieved that you got to Powell and back with no problems.  It had to have been very hot without the AC working on the houseboat.  The Blue Devil (our ski boat) is a great sleeping spot though and it isn't that hot.  I love sleeping there.  Just so you know, that is still my spot when I get home, haha.  I am glad that Cooper still keeps the early morning wakeboarding runs going.  It is definitely the best time to go because the water is like glass.  I remember football conditioning really well.  It does help a lot and it is hard, but worth it.  Now Austin and Cooper will know why I was so sore all the time because I would do that then go work out with Gary.  That would be nice to talk to Coach J about Weber, but I know that I am going there for sure.  I received that answer in the temple.  I cannot believe that you are coming back out to California for the high school basketball tournament again.  It is crazy that it has been a year ago that I had breakfast with Coach because it seems like just yesterday.  If he has time, I would love to see him again.  Yes, we are finding a lot more spanish investigators.  It is going great.  I am going to talk to President when I see him next about my release date.  Not too much is different at the moment, but I will keep you updated.  I did wear my 4th of July tie and baked the cake that you send.  We had a BBQ that day too and it was great.


Mom:  I am so glad to hear that you are doing well and you still have that positive attitude and sense of humor.  How is your companion doing?  Are you still at the same address?

Elder Parkinson:  My comp is doing great.  He is a great guy and we work very hard.  Yes, we are still at the same address.  So do you have any pics that you could send me from Powell?

Mom:  Of course I have pics.  I will try to send them right now.  What are your plans for today?

 Our Captain- The Best Dad In the World

 Cooper Doing The Surf Thing

 Austin Catching A Wave On The Surfboard

 Cooper Getting Air On The Wakeboard

 Pizza Dinner Before Heading Home

Sunny Is One Lucky Girl With This Group Of Boys


Elder Parkinson:  I got the pics.  Thank you.  What restaurant is that?  For today we are going to play some ball around 10:30 and after that I have now idea, haha.  What are your plans for today?

Mom:  That is pizza place in Page called Stromboli's.  For today, I am trying to catch up on my 11 loads of laundry, take Gramps' truck in to get fixed, take Austin to a basketball scrimmage at 1:00 and then go to the football conditioning meeting with Austin and Cooper at 5:00.

Elder Parkinson:  That is a lot of laundry!  Didn't you guys go to the Mexican restaurant this time?  I love that place.  Did you stop and get a Chubby Burger?  You have a busy day ahead of you.

Mom:  We went to the Mexican place on the first night that we were there and then ate at the pizza place on the last night.  We weren't able to have a chubby burger this time because we traveled on Sunday both days and they are closed on Sunday's :(

Elder Parkinson:  That is what you get for breaking the sabbath, haha.  So how is the house coming along?

Mom:  I will have you know that I did go to sacrament meeting before we left last Sunday ;)  The house is finally becoming a reality!  They are breaking ground on Wednesday.  I am going over tomorrow to mark trees and get ready for the big equipment to come in.  Are you feeling good?  Are you happy?  Any baptismal dates set?

Elder Parkinson:  Haha, well you were at "another ward" all week so I think you are good.  That is great that the house is going to get started.  I am doing great.  I am very happy.  For right now, no baptismal dates because we kind-of started from scratch.  I am so happy to be serving a mission.  Can you believe that I only have like 5 months left?

Mom:  I cannot believe that you are coming home at the end of this year!  I am SO excited for that day!!!  You are such an amazing missionary and this experience will change your life forever.  What a huge blessing.  Remember to finish strong and be a good companion until the end.  I love you SO much!!!!

Elder Parkinson:  I love you too.  I hope that all goes well this week and that all is great.  I hope that the house will be going well.  I love you so much mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment