1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, July 15, 2013

So Close, Yet So Far Away

This past week Austin, Cooper and I were in California for a basketball tournament with Bountiful High School.  It is so hard to be only about 1 1/2 hours away from your missionary.  Luckily, some of our friends went to visit Elder Parkinson and took him some donuts and were able to visit with him for a little bit.  The picture they took was priceless to me.  He looks so grown up and has definitely turned into an adult.  Our friends said he seemed so confident and looked very, very happy.  


 The town where Elder Parkinson is currently serving as district leader.  It is pretty much a desert in the middle of nowhere.

 Cute bakery where they purchased donuts for Jordan.  The owner said he knew who Elder Parkinson was.

Carleen and AC Seljaas with our cute missionary.  He is definitely turning into a "big boy."


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom, all is great.  The week was alright.  Nothing too exciting happened.  There is nothing new, just working hard and loving the mission.  That was great to see the Seljaas', especially AC.  He is a man now, haha.  I can't believe that I will see them again in like 5 months!  That is crazy that BHS did so well in the tourney (they made it to the semifinals) and that you will be in Cali again this week.  I hope Austin and Cooper are loving football.  It is the best time, even the summer conditioning, haha.  I am so glad that the house is making progress.  You will have to send me a pic so that I can see how it is coming along.  I love you so much and I hope to hear from you soon.

This is the progress on the house.  It has all been excavated and they will be doing forms and foundation this week.  The man in the red shirt is Justin, which shows you how big the hole is.


Mom:  You are always working hard :)  When are your next transfers?  How is your companion?  I am supposed to tell you that -------- has been trying to respond to your emails, but she doesn't think you are getting them.

Elder Parkinson:  I hope that I am always working hard, haha.  Transfers are in 2 weeks and my comp is great.  He is so cool and we get along really well.  I am emailing with her right now, so I think all is well.  Guess where I am going today?

Mom:  You are so awesome :)  I am going to guess that you are going to sushi.  Am I right?

Elder Parkinson:  Haha, yes, you are right!  I am doing so well.  So what part of Cali are you going to be in this week.

Mom:  I know you SO well, haha!!!  Where are you having sushi at?  We are going to be in Anaheim again.  Did you get the postcards that we sent yet?

Elder Parkinson:  We are going to a place called miso.  It is all you can eat, haha.  That is cool that you will be in Anaheim again.  I have not gotten the postcards yet, but I am so ready for them.  You do know me so well :)  What are your plans for today?

Mom:  How far is Miso?  Today I am going to be doing laundry, going down to the lot to look at the progress, getting the boys' haircut and lots of other small errands.  Are you doing anything else after sushi?  How many people are going to sushi with you?

Elder Parkinson:  It is about 20 minutes away and that sounds like a great day you have planned.  No, we are not doing much except for sushi and I'm not sure how many people are going.  Why?

Mom:  I was just wondering if it was going to be a big party or not ;)  Are you having any more luck with your investigators?

Elder Parkinson:  Um, not really.  It is a hard area.  I don't think that it's going to be too big of a party, haha.

Mom:  How is the ward?  How are the members?  Are you needing anything?

Elder Parkinson:  The ward is doing good and the members are way cool.  I do need some more bread. Will you send out a couple more loafs for an elder here?

Mom:  I sure will.  What kind of bread do you want?

Elder Parkinson:  I would like about 4 loafs of the Grandma Sycamore's bread if you could.  Also, I have a favor to ask - could you send a Red Lobster gift card to Elder ------- ----------?

Mom:  For sure!  Do I just send the gift card to your address?

Elder Parkinson:  No, haha, send the bread to my address and would you send the gift card to the California, San Fernando mission office address?

Mom:  I can do that!  Do you know how much I love you?  You are amazing!!!

Elder Parkinson:  Yes, I do know that and I love you even more.  I hope you have a great week mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment