1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, July 29, 2013

Last July in the Field

Elder Parkinson is doing so well and absolutely loving his mission.  It is crazy for us all to see missionaries coming home that graduated with Jordan.  It makes us more excited for his return in December!  He has transfers next week and we are looking forward to seeing if any changes will occur.  He said he will go wherever the Lord wants him to go or stay wherever the Lord wants him to stay.  Jordan is such a great example to all of us and we are so proud of the work he is doing.


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom, this week was good.  It went by so fast.  Nothing new with transfers, just that they are going to be on the 6th of August.  I know I will be coming home the week before Christmas, but I'm not sure on the day yet.  They are trying to book my flight, so all is well.  It rained way hard last Monday so we didn't have family home evening.  It is so crazy that it is almost August and it is even crazier that Dan is already home.  I hope that he is doing good and that he is enjoying life.  I can't believe that it was 2 years ago that I went to his farewell.  It is good to hear that dad could whoop Austin's basketball team into shape and get them to play as a team.  I'm glad that they beat some really good teams.  Dad is just a great coach like that.  I hope Cooper makes the high school team, but he will do well either way.  Thank you for ordering insanity for me.  There is also one thing that I am needing and that is a new debit card.  Mine won't swipe anymore.  The house is looking super cool and I'm excited to watch the progress through pictures.  Well, I can't wait to email with you.

Mom:  It does sound like you had a great week!  I am so happy that you will be home for Christmas this year.  That makes me smile :)  I will go down to the bank and try to get a new debit card today.  Are you still able to use it?  What are your plans for this wonderful P day?

Elder Parkinson:  Every week is a great week on a mission!  I am very happy too.  Thanks for checking on the debit card because I don't think I can even use it.  Today we are going to be playing bball all day long and then go to the family home evening.

Mom:  I love your attitude!  You are such an awesome missionary.  Bball all day long sound like your kind of thing so I hope you have fun.  Keep working hard and things will work out the way they are supposed to for you.

Elder Parkinson:  I am working hard and trying to stay focused.  I am heading to Lancaster right now to play ball, so I will email you from there.

Mom:  How is basketball going?  Cooper is afraid he's not going to make the high school team for football because he thinks they are only going to keep the big guys.  I told him that you didn't play at the HS in 9th grade and look how well things turned out for you :)  I think he's still feeling pretty bummed though.

Jordan as a 9th grade football player.  He and Cooper look so much alike!

Elder Parkinson:  It is going good, just ballin it up haha.  Tell Cooper not to worry because it isn't that bad if he doesn't make the HS team.  He will do just fine.  Tell him to work hard and enjoy the moment.  It is so fun and it goes by way too fast.

Mom:  Okay, I will tell him.  Thanks for always being so supportive of your brothers.  They are lucky to have you.

Elder Parkinson:  Haha, no problem.  I love them so much!!!

Mom:  They love you too!  They are always speaking very highly about you.  I want you to know how much all of us love you and pray for you every single day.  We are here for you no matter what.

Elder Parkinson:  I love you so much!  I hope that you have a great week.  Tell the fam that I love them and can't wait to see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment