1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, July 22, 2013

Keeping The Elders Safe

I was in California again this past week for the second week in a row.  It was even harder this time knowing that Elder Parkinson was so close and nobody I knew was going to see him and give me an update.  I just had to keep telling myself that I will get to see him very soon.  He will hopefully be released before Christmas this year.  Elder Parkinson is doing awesome and loves his companion and the work he is doing.  I have heard from so many people that he is such a positive example and a great leader.  I sure do love that boy!!!


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom.  Well the week was a little slow because nobody was home.  That made things go slowly, but it was alright.  I did get the bread and the pictures.  Sushi was great like always, haha.  That is crazy that we were in the same state again.  Just 5 more months and then you get to see my face in person again.  I am not happy to hear that their are ball hogs on Austin's team.  I really don't like players like that who think they are better than everyone else.  It is not fun to play with those type of people.  I am so happy to hear about Cooper and football.  That is the dedication I like to see out of Cooper with conditioning.  I hope that he gets to play up at the high school.  I loved going to the creek after football and then going and getting a big breakfast.  It was great.  I am happy that the house is starting to come along nicely.  I hope they can get it done fast.  I love you and can't wait to talk to you.

Mom:  Hi cutie!  I'm sorry to hear that you had a slow week, but I know you will keep working hard and find the people who are ready for you.  What are your plans for today?

Elder Parkinson:  We are going to play basketball and then we are going to dinner and then we are going to teach a family home evening at the church for all of the members to come to.  

Mom:  That sounds like a great day!  What are you teaching for family home evening?  How many people do you expect?  Are you doing the lesson?

Elder Parkinson:  Well, we are just teaching the missionary lessons and we all just take turns teaching it.  I don't know how many people are going to come, but probably not that many.

Mom:  That is a great idea to have family home evening for the members.  I bet it will be great!  I drove by the lot this morning and there were five concrete trucks lined up ready to pour.  It is quite a sight!  Is next week transfer week?

Elder Parkinson:  That is way cool that there are five concrete trucks ready to pour.  You should send me a picture.  Transfers are on the 6th of next month.

Mom:  I will drive down there and get a picture.  I'm sure there aren't as many trucks there anymore since that was around 8:30.  Is is hot there?  How is being the district leader?

The line of concrete trucks waiting to pour the footings at our lot today.


Elder Parkinson:  Haha, that is a lot of trucks!  How long do they think the house will take?   It isn't too hot here anymore.  We got some rain yesterday and that was nice.  District leader is good.  It is mostly just me making sure all of the missionaries are safe.

Mom:  Yay for rain!!!  Have you had any unsafe situations occur?  Speaking of sending pictures, when is the last time we got a sim card from you?

Elder Parkinson:  Haha, um no nothing unsafe.  People are too afraid of these guns.  Remember that I can't go into the stadium because I have weapons, haha.  (This is an inside joke between Jordan and I.  When he says guns he is referring to his muscles.)  I will get a sim card sent off soon.

Mom:  Haha, I remember that day at BYU!!!  Do you still have your guns?  They think that the house will take about a year to finish.  Do you still keep in touch with Thacker?

Elder Parkinson:  Haha, yeah, I sill have my guns.  I have been keeping in touch with Thacker and he is doing good.  He got a new truck.  I will try to forward you a picture.

Mom:  Oh boy, a new truck!!  Is he going to start school in the fall?  Are you needing anything?  Socks, shirts....?

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, he is going to start school.  I am doing great and I don't think it would be worth sending out new stuff with this much time left.  I am just going to throw everything away when I leave anyway.  

Mom:  Okay, I guess I won't send anything new out then.  Make sure you are exercising and staying fit because you want to make a good impression with the football coaches when you get home.

Elder Parkinson:  I am trying to stay fit.  Could you send me this thing called insanity so that I can work out more?

Mom:  Sure.  I will try to find it and send it out.  Remember that cardio is the best way to burn fat.  I hate running, but sometimes you just have to do it.  Just don't stress out too much and remember to focus on the things that are the most important.  You are amazing and I love you sooo much!!!

Elder Parkinson:  I am doing great and working hard, so don't worry too much about me.  I love you so much too.  Have a good week.



 The chain of command: Elder Calder (blue tie) who trained Elder Parkinson and then the two "sons" that Elder Parkinson has trained.

 Baptism Day in Lake Los Angeles

Elder Parkinson with his two "sons" 
Elder Farnsworth (left) and Elder Zobrist (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment