1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hey I'm On, What's Up?

I got to email back and forth again today with Jordan.  He sounds great and just like the same Jordan that we all know, only even better (if that's possible).  I was not sure that I liked emailing back and forth, but as you will see from his last email, it is what he likes.  I'm not sure if it's because he doesn't have to write as much :) or it's just easier, but I guess I will be checking my email every Thursday so I am available when he is.


Elder Parkinson:  Hey I'm on, what's up?

Mom:  You're early today.  Did you not go to the temple?

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah we went to the 7:40 session and then ate.  The temple was great.  Guess who I have as one of my teachers.

Mom:  Who?

Elder Parkinson:  Do you remember Bishop Stewart from Iowa?

Mom:  Yes!!!  Love him!  Do they not live in Iowa anymore?

Elder Parkinson:  It is his son that just got back from his mission.  He is going to BYU.

Mom:  Oh yeah, Brandon Stewart.  He is a great kid.  Does he remember you?

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, haha.  There is another Elder Parkinson in my zone.

Mom:  That's crazy!  Where is the other Elder Parkinson going? Is your whole district going to San Fernando?

Elder Parkinson:  The other Elder Parkinson is going to Anaheim.  6 people in my district are going to San Fernando, 2 are going to New York, 1 is going to Salt Lake and 1 is going to Detroit.

Mom:  How fun.  How is everything going?  Are you happy?  How is the language?

Elder Parkinson:  It is great and the language is going just fine.  I am so happy!!!  I can't believe that I am on week 3.

Mom:  I know!  Have you had any cool experiences?

Elder Parkinson:  Well, when I get into lessons I can feel that gift of tongues that was promised to me.

Mom:  That's awesome!  Cooper is really wondering about your gym time :)

Elder Parkinson:  Well, me and Elder Parkinson have the same gym time.  We usually just play 21 teams and me and him go on a team and dominate.  People always get mad at us because we are so good.  I don't know what it is about here, but I can't miss!  I have been hitting 3's left and right.

Mom:  Haha, that makes me smile.  I'll have to let Gary know :)
I just want you to know that I love you sooo very much.  I think about you everyday and know you are doing the right thing.  We have seen so many blessings come already because of your service.  
I'm not sure I really like the e-mail to e-mail thing because I  don't really get a feeling for how you are doing and what has been going on in your week.  As hard as it may be for me, I may just have to have you write an e-mail so I have a better feeling of how things are going.
How are your suits holding up?  Do you need anything else at all?  Did you get the Krispy Kreme's?
Jordan, I am so amazed by you.  You give me strength.  Thank you so much for being the great man that you are.

Elder Parkinson:  Well, I like this back and forth.  My suits are great, I love them.  The donuts are almost gone.  I would like a calendar and 1 more pair of sweats would be nice.  It is a little cold here.  I love it here.  I love the atmosphere and how everyone here is just in a good mood.  I love seeing all the new missionaries faces because they look so lost.  I can't believe I was one of them.  I also can't believe that Dillon leaves on Monday and Dave leaves on the 13th.  I am here for the long haul.  Do you know if anyone else is coming in that I would know?  How is life back home?  Any news from anyone?  I love how all of the teachers are so good at teaching Spanish and deal with us everyday.  I also love how 19 year old boys can go out and do this.  I love the spirit here.  I have never been this close to God in my life.  Me and my district have been talking about Lake Powell a lot.  I am going to miss it, but at least I will be in Cali.  Well, until next week.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment