1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Surprise Valentine's Letter

Dear Mom,

Happy Valentine's Day.  I love you and hope you have a great one.  All is the same here just study, study, teach, pray, read, sleep, eat and then start all over.  We had a great devotional on Sunday night about bringing people to the church.  Did you know 6 years from now 60% of the missionaries here won't be active in the church?  I also learned that the person that should become the most converted over the next 2 years is myself.
It's crazy that Rich is leaving and I will be the one left in here, but it is moving by so fast.  I can't believe that It is almost 4 weeks.  Gym is still the same.  I have been shooting from like 10 feet back from the 3-point line and still can't miss!  How is home?  Any new news for me?  I hope the boys are doing well.  Tell Lares to write me about bball.
I am so happy to be here and I know my time here is the Lord's time, so I have been trying not to waste it.

Love you, 
Elder Parkinson


P.S.  Send me some new corbatas.
I think this is the translation :)

1 comment:

  1. Landon also asked for us to send him all of his ties! They funny thing is I thought they were for him but then I saw pictures of him wearing ties I had never seen before! They must do some kind of game or trade with them.

    ReplyDelete