1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Kind Heart

I was a little worried that I wasn't going to hear from Jordan today.  He was about 3 hours later than normal with his email.  Thankfully, I was still available to email back and forth with him when he was on.  He is such a great young man and I wish somehow I could just give him one BIG hug!!!



Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom, I'm on.  Sorry it took so long, the internet was down.

Mom:  It is so good to hear from you.  You were killing me smalls :)

Elder Parkinson:  Haha.  I'm sorry, there is nothing I could do.  Um, we got to leave campus for a little while on Tuesday.

Mom:  You did?  What for?  How was it?

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, my companion needed glasses and it felt weird but nice at the same time to see the world for a little bit.  I can't believe that I am that missionary on the side of the road.  I am so happy for this opportunity to serve.  You know that tie that you got me that was a Donald Trump?

Mom:  Yes, you are that amazing missionary!!!!!  Have you worn your glasses yet?  Was the Donald Trump tie the blue and white striped?

Elder Parkinson:  No I haven't worn my glasses yet.  Yes, it was that tie.  Where did you buy it?  For Facebook will you look up these names:  Chase ______ and Zachary _______.

Mom:  I bought the tie at Ross.  I will for sure try those names.

Elder Parkinson:  One of the kids in my district wants a tie like that and he doesn't get much mail.  Would u send me another one of those for him?

Mom:  Yes, I will try and find one just like it.  Is there anything else you can think of that you or others need?  Did you get the crabby patties?

Elder Parkinson:  Yes, me and my companion love those crabby patties haha.  I cannot think of anything else that is needed.  That bball hoop was a good idea and we are going to cut down the net the night before we leave, haha.  Um, I hope that everything is good back home.  I don't really have anything new besides the trip to the eye doctor.

Mom:  I just love you!!!!  Everything is good here.  Bountiful won the region.  They beat Highland on Tuesday 31-29.  Brock made the last second tip in shot for the win.  They start state on Monday against Timpview.

Elder Parkinson:  That is very good, haha.  I need some hair product for my part.  Um, I would like the axe hair: sleek and shiny.  It has blue letters on it.  That way I don't have to use my companions.  For that tie, any Trump would do.  His name is Miles ______.  Everything else is the same as mine.

Mom:  I will get you some hair product.  That sounds kinda funny :)
I loved the picture of the hair part!  Oh, and you definitely need to take a picture of you cutting down the net before you leave :)  I am also supposed to see if you got a package from Grandma Parkinson.

Elder Parkinson:  No, I haven't gotten a package from her yet and I will take a picture for you.  How are my Duke Bluedevils doing?

Mom:  They are doing good, ranked #5.  North Carolina is #7.
Little Bing just got accepted to medical school in Granada yesterday.  That is in the Caribbean.  They are very excited.

Elder Parkinson:  That is way cool.  Are you going to send me a bracket for March Madness?  Um, I am so  mad that the Bountiful girls lost.

Mom:  Of course I will send you a bracket :)
Richard sounds like he is doing well.  We got a letter from him and he said he is a little homesick, but he will be just fine.  David also seems to be doing well.  Do you see many other kids from BHS?

Elder Parkinson:  Um no, not anymore, but oh well.  Will u send me Dave's and Richie's emails?

Mom:  Yes, I will print them off and send them.  Oh, and you need to fold your letters a little flatter.  The last couple have had a postage due of 20 cents.  I don't care about the 20 cents, I just don't want it to make it so we don't get your letters.

Elder Parkinson:  Ok,  I will.  I love you guys, but I have to go.  I love you.  I will talk to u next week.

Mom:  Te amo mucho!

No comments:

Post a Comment