1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Newbies No More

Another Thursday and another successful day of emailing with Jordan.
 He sounds great!!!  The popcorn balls were received, so nobody needs to
worry about him being a poor elder craving popcorn balls (thank you Abbey).
 His basketball is off a little, but his spirit seems to be a slam dunk.


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom, how is it going?  We just had one of the funniest things happen to us.

Mom:  Hi sweetheart!  Tell me what was so funny.

Elder Parkinson:  We were on our way back from the temple and Elder L got something with seafood in it and didn't know it.  So on the way back he was like, I don't feel good, and just barfed like 8 times.  I guess his body doesn't like seafood, unlike me.  Did you get my last letter?

Mom:  Yes, I loved it.  I also liked the story that you shared, thank you.  How are you doing this week?

Elder Parkinson:  I am doing good.  My shot is off a little in gym, but that is okay because I am becoming good with the language.  I can also tell that I have a blessing of seeing what people need in their lives, which really helps with the investigators.

Mom:  That is so great!  You are amazing!  Did your district change this week?

Elder Parkinson:  No, we just got a new district yesterday though.  Haha, to see the look in their eyes.  I got the popcorn balls :)  They are so good haha.  She asked me questions in spanish and said that I have to answer in spanish.

Mom:  Haha, I love it!  Just like you made me figure out what corbatas are :)  Is there some kind of game with the ties?

Elder Parkinson:  Haha, no not at all, haha.  Um I love that tie that you sent me.  Everyone wants to trade for it but I say no because it is the coolest one I have!  I love the spirit here.  I got a letter from Hannah and she sent a picture because everyone in the district wanted to see it haha.  Oh, pictures are always nice and that charger is just what I was looking for.  That way I don't have to plug my shuffle into a computer.

Mom:  Oh good.  I will look for some more crazy ties for you :)  Did you get the sugar cookies and valentine's bag?

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, I love the cookies and the spongebob thing.  My comp loves the crabby patties so that is one thing that u could send for him.  Will you add all of my district as friends on Facebook?

Mom:  Yes, I will add them.  How are you and your companion doing?

Elder Parkinson:  Very well haha.  He has a good sense of humor which is what I love.  We also work very well together in lessons and we love sports.  He is great.  Oh, I am starting to part my hair for a little bit.

Mom:  Part your hair???  Haha!!!  I need a picture of that :)  Which elders are going to San Fernando?

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, I know.  The elders going to San Fernando are me, my companion, Elder Davis, Elder Mcfee, Elder Flake and Elder Lisonbee.

Mom:  Oh fun!  Is there anything else that you are running out of or need?  I love you lots honey.

Elder Parkinson:  Um no, I am good for now.  Um haha, well I have a lot of letters to write so I will just leave you with a week summary:  
On Friday we taught a lesson and it went well.  Then on Saturday it was a long day because we have two classes that day, but I love my teachers.  I got a pic with Hermano Stewart.  He is way cool!  On Sunday me and my companion were asked to give the lesson in district meeting.  It was on repentance.  It was such a good lesson and the spirit was so strong there.  My companion and I work so well off of each other and have strong testimonies.  Our branch president told us that it was one of the best lessons that he has ever seen taught.  He loved it.  Then that night we had that talk about opening up to others like Christ does.  On Monday we do service and I love doing service.  It is so fun.  I love it.  Then on Tuesday we had a talk about love and not to worry about your families because they will be okay.  There is a scripture somewhere in the 50's of D&C that is good.  Then yesterday we got the new district which is nice not being the newbies anymore.  I love all the letters that I get!  Well, I love you so much.  I hope that there are more blessing coming from me serving.  Love u.  Till next week, Elder Parkinson.

No comments:

Post a Comment