1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, March 26, 2012

First Email From Van Nuys

We received our first email from California today.  Jordan seems to be doing great and we are still waiting on the letter from his mission president saying that he has arrived safely (obviously we now know he has).  He is serving in Van Nuys, California.  It is an area just to the north and west of LA.  He bought a bike the second day he was out there and loves everything about his new area already. 


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom, I'm on for a little.  I'm doing great.

Mom:  Hi honey!  Tell me about your new area!

Elder Parkinson:  It is so nice.  The weather is great, my companion is great, the zone is great and I love it!

Mom:  Where is your companion from?  Do you get along?

Elder Parkinson:  He is from Mapleton, Utah and yes he is so cool.

Mom:  How is the language?  How is the new bike?

Elder Parkinson:  The language is hard, but people are so nice and help me.  Um, the bike is way nice.  So what is the plan with the bike?  Am I going to leave it here when I'm done or what?

Mom:  We'll just have to wait and see.  I am so excited to hear everything!  Have you had any cool experiences?

Elder Parkinson:  Well, we are doing great.  We have 4 baptismal dates and the food is so good.  I love the hispanic food.  My spanish has improved so much, it is amazing.  I am great.  My companion and I work well together.  Um, no cool experiences that I want to tell you, you will just have to wait until I get home haha!  Um, will you ask Colton why he hasn't written me back yet?

Mom:  Yes, I will.  What do you mean wait until you get home!  Do you have your address in Van Nuys?  How was your birthday?  Tell me more about your area.  I love you sooo much!!!  

Elder Parkinson:  Well, you are probably busy with subbing today, but we have some baptism dates set up.  I love my area and I love my companion.  The language isn't too bad and for food I am doing great.  I was blessed to be put in a biking mission so I won't get fat.  Um, my birthday was great except I had to sit in a meeting for 7 hours of the day haha.  I can't wait to get back to my bed, a big bed, so I can be comfortable once again.  Um, what else........the members are so great.  I love my mission.  My zone is so cool.  Our area is putting up big numbers.  The outside world is a lot different than the MTC and I actually get to have real food.  A lot of the people know english and we help them while they help us.  I love you guys so much!  It is so fun.  Tell everyone hi and that I love them.

Oh, the address is 15616 Vanowen Apt. 109.  I don't know what the area code is though :)



This is the bike shop where Elder Parkinson purchased his bike.
I found it on Google Earth :)

1 comment:

  1. We are still waiting for a letter from Japan saying Evan arrived safely! I'm enjoying reading about Jordan's adventures. I know he will be a great missionary. He has such a great attitude and seems to work hard. Thanks for letting us share his experiences.

    The Parrys

    ReplyDelete