1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Proud to Call Myself a Brave

I just love Thursdays!!!  We had a slight change of format this week with Jordan sending a longer email first.  It was nice to hear that he is doing so well and is happy.  His time in the MTC is getting shorter and I can tell he is ready to be in the field.


Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom, how are you :)  I love you.  Well I don't know if you are on or not, but I will just start with a long email.  I am doing great.  I am so happy to be here.  Can you believe that  I am 3 weeks from being in Cali?  Um, I have some more requests for ties for some kids who don't get many packages.  One wants a nice red Trump tie and the other wants a lighter blue colored one.  The one that wants the red one is Spencer ____ and everything else is the same address as mine.  The blue one is Zach ____ and his departure date is the 19th.  They are good kids and I feel bad that they don't get much.  Also, if you could send my companion a skinny tie that is like a plaid look that would be awesome.  You know his name. 
 How is life back home and how are the sports teams doing?  How about March Madness?  Will you tell Gary to tell the bball team this is an opportunity of a lifetime and don't regret anything.  I would give anything to be in their shoes playing in the playoffs.  Tell them I know that you will be tired, but if I could do it then you guys definitely can do it.  Also tell them that I love them and I am so proud to call myself a brave.  
I am so happy that I have made the choice to serve a mission.  I can tell that the Lord is helping me so much that I can't even comprehend how much he has helped me.  I love the spirit and my district.  Did you get my travel plans yet, cause if you did I would like to know so I don't have to tell you when I get them.  Also tell Austin and Cooper that if they ever feel down, to start reading The Book of Mormon.  It has helped me so much!  
Also tell Sam hi for me and Lares.  Please tell my kid (Tanner Redding) to write me because I have been waiting for a letter from him for a long time.  What else?  Oh, um I broke my name tag so I have to get a new one.  I will send the broken one home so you can do something with it.  Tell Abbey that I am sorry that they lost in the first round, but she will do great at the next level if she decides to go that far.  By the way, those cinnamon rolls were really good.  I don't really like the dried coconut, but the mangos are way good.  I don't need food yet, I will let you know when I run out.  
Um, tell dad that I am at 240 right now with my weight.  I am trying to keep it in muscle weight, but they only have weights that go up to 50 pounds here so I have to do a lot of reps.  I also got my shot back.  I have been draining the threes haha!!  I love gym time here.  It is like going to Lake Powell.  Um, I am glad that David is doing good and Rich.  I have not yet been a host, but I might be one this next week.  I hope I get to because that would be way fun.  
Guess who spoke at one of our devotionals?  Elder Holland! It was such a good talk and I loved every second of it.  My friend, Elder Parkinson, leaves on Tuesday.  I can't believe it.  I can't wait to get out into the field and give people the happiness that we have.  One more thing I would like is for you to send me 2 copies of that poem I read at my farewell.  I want to read it to my district.  Tell everyone back home that I love them and pray for them every night.  Love you.

Mom:  Hi sweetheart.  What a great email.  It sounds like you are doing amazing!!!  How did Elder Flake like his tie?

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, I am.  Elder Flake loves it, haha.

Mom:  What did you do with the other ties?

Elder Parkinson:  I kept one and gave the blue one to one of my roommates.

Mom:  I just love you :)
Are you writing in your journal everyday?

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, haha, I am.  I have to go, but I love you so much!  I hope that you have a great week and tell the bball team buena suerte.

Mom:  I will for sure.  Love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment