1 Nephi 3:7 "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

Monday, April 9, 2012

I Love This Time Of Year

Just love emailing back and forth with this boy.  Once again, he is doing amazing!

Elder Parkinson:  Hey mom.  My Easter was great.  We went to church and then just went and helped people with english.  They also helped me with my spanish and fed us.  I love this time of year.  It is starting to get hot here in Cali.

Mom:  Hi cutie.  Your Easter sounds great!  Did you get your Easter package?  I saw that last weekend was pretty warm there, but it looks like it is going to cool off a little this week.  How is your spanish?  Are you able to communicate and understand most everything?

Elder Parkinson:  Um, yes I got the package and I am very happy.  I can understand a lot of the spanish, but speaking it is still coming.  The weather is great here.  We played tennis this morning.

Mom:  Tennis?  Have you ever played tennis before?  Do you ever get to go to the temple?

Elder Parkinson:  Haha, yeah I used to play with Rich.  We only get to go to the temple 2 times a year.  Also, um, how is Mike Flo doing?  Do you know?

Mom:  Only 2 times per year huh.  Well, that's better than nothing.  I only see Mike's posts on Facebook and it looks like he is doing okay.  So, do you have your first baptismal date set yet?

Elder Parkinson:  We have 4 set.  2 are in 2 weeks and the other 2 are the next week.

Mom:  Do you know the exact date?  Who is it for, just a single person?  Do you get to teach any kids?

Elder Parkinson:  Um, it's the 29th and it is for a mom and a kid.  Yeah, we teach two kids.  They are so cool.  I love the members also.

Mom:  That is awesome!  How old are the kids?

Elder Parkinson:  One is 9 and the other is 10.

Mom:  How cute!  Are they both Hispanic?  So did that new sd card that I sent work?  How are all of your clothes and shoes holding up?

Elder Parkinson:  Yeah, they are both Hispanic.  The sd card works very well, thanks.  The clothes and shoes are great.  So I broke a bed of the kid I was teaching, haha.  My comp and I were teaching him and he asked me to sit down on his bed and when I did, the corner of the bed broke.  I fixed it though, haha!  I am so fat.

Mom:  You are not fat!!!  That is hilarious though :)  What do you do when it rains?

Elder Parkinson:  We walk and I wear my rain coat.  The rain coat is really nice.

Mom:  So everything is good?  Anything at all that you need?  I love you SOOOOO much and thank you again for the video.  It made my entire year :)

Elder Parkinson:  Um, maybe if you could send me some Grandma Sycamore's bread because all of the break out here is lame.  I think that is all, oh, um a really skinny tie for one of the kids in my district.  His name is Elder Christensen and he is from Arizona.  He is my favorite.  Other than that I am doing great.  I love every second out here.  I can feel the Lord's love every day.  Oh, and tell Gary that when I hit my 18 month mark, I would like him to send me a small workout plan to get back into shape.

Mom:  Sounds good.  I am so happy for you.  We pray for you and think of you everyday.  Keep working hard and sharing this amazing Gospel with others.

Elder Parkinson:  Just remember that I love all of you guys so much and I love the mission.  Um, I also love the Lord for watching over me and you guys.  I know that he protects missionaries.  We are about to go, but when you or anyone sends packages, send them to the mission home.  That way they are safer.  I love you guys so much.  Until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment